There’s nothing better than a steak dinner. We’ve rounded up the 15 Best Steak Dinner Ideas and even beginner cooks will find these simple recipes come together with ease. From porterhouse to ribeye to flank steak, this list covers the most common types of steak. Grilled, broiled, pan-seared, or even sous vide – so many choices – enjoy!
What Goes with Steak for Dinner?
With steak as the main star of your dish, there’s also an art to pairing it with the best side dishes. You can stick with the traditional potatoes and greens or you can step it up a notch with some scalloped potatoes, cajun french fries, broccoli, asparagus, or stick with the sous vide method for some asparagus. Check out these Best Side Dishes for Steak.
Healthy Steak Dinner Meals
- Perfect Porterhouse Steak: This Porterhouse Steak will top any of your favorite restaurant steakhouse recipes! It’s an expensive cut that’s tender, juicy, and full of flavor! With this recipe, you’ll find everything you need to make the perfect porterhouse steak every time!
- Flank Steak Marinade: This marinade recipe is ideal for those craving a mouth-watering and flavorful steak. Flavored with soy sauce, honey, lime, and garlic – you’ll have a juicy flank steak that’s full of flavor and absolutely tender!.
- Broiled Steak: Ever broil a steak before? If not, learn how to make a mouthwatering steak with this recipe. You’ll find all the tricks and tips to broil a perfect piece of steak.
- Sous Vide London Broil: Sous Vide London Broil is by far the best way to cook this lean and budget-friendly top-round steak. It turns an inexpensive cut into a meal that tastes like you’re at a fine dining restaurant. The secret? It’s in the marinade – made with balsamic and honey-based sauce. Enjoy!
Romantic Steak Dinner Ideas for Two
- Date Night Sirloin Steak for Two: Surprise your date with this perfect meal for two! It’s a pan-seared sirloin steak dinner, made in a cast iron. Complete this meal with some creamy mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, and steamed vegetables. Quick, easy, and budget-friendly too!
- Perfect Filet Mignon for Two: If you’re not a cook, don’t worry because this recipe will give you the perfect Filet Mignon every time. Filet mignon is the most tender cut of beef you can buy, plus it doesn’t require any fancy seasonings – just coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper are all you need!
- Rib Eye Steak with Mushroom and Potato Hash: This simple rib eye steak is one of the easiest steak dinner recipes. Serve it with roasted potato and sauteed mushroom for a delicious meal! Perfect for a romantic date night!
Steak Dishes for Family
- Best Tomahawk Steak: A thick-cut rib eye, this Tomahawk Steak has an extra-long bone for a presentation that’s sure to please every time! These tender and juicy cut steaks are perfect for a special occasion. Here you can learn how to cook this steak to perfection in the oven or on the grill!
- Crock Pot Cube Steak with Gravy: Crock Pot Cube Steak with Gravy is melt in your mouth tender! Each cubed steak is smothered in a warm, comforting, and rich mushroom sauce. Easy to make in the slow cooker, you can pair this dish with some mashed potatoes and vegetables on the side. Be sure to drizzle some gravy on your potatoes too!
- Reverse Sear Steak: Reverse sear is one of the best ways to make juicy and tender meat. Cook the steak low and slow in the grill or oven, then pan-sear at a high temp to get that nice brown crust on your steak.
Other Easy Steak Recipes
- Sous Vide Skirt Steak: Super tender, flavorful, and cooked evenly from edge to edge! It’s precisely cooked to the temperature you set in the sous vide machine! Serve it on tacos, sandwiches or stay on the healthy side with a salad.
- Perfect Grilled Steak: Follow this recipe step by step to learn exactly how to grill steak. You’ll get the steak tender and juicy every time, plus a handy guide here with different cuts and thickness at your desired doneness!
- Sous Vide New York Strip Steak: This will kick your New York Strip Steak up a notch! Grab a few simple ingredients and you’ll easily bring out the best flavors. With sous vide, you’ll cook this steak perfectly edge to edge every time!
- Sous Vide Tri-Tip Steak: The Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip Steak is amazingly tender and flavorful. The steak is cooked low and slow in the sous vide machine and then seared in the skillet for an unforgettable peppery, garlic-y brown crust.
- Steak Tacos: Mouthwatering with minimal preparation and effort! It’s Steak Tacos! You’ll drool over the citrus steak taco marinade – and if the steak isn’t enough to get you going, then top with onion, tomato, cilantro, and fresh lime for the perfect dinner.
15 Best Steak Dinner Ideas (Easy Porterhouse Steak Recipe & More)
- 1 1/2 pounds porterhouse steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place the oven rack in the middle.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until extremely hot.
- Pat dry the steak with paper towels. Rub 1 tablespoon of olive oil on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and swirl to coat.
- Carefully add the steak to the skillet. Sear the first side for 2 minutes.
- Flip the steak and sear the other side for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and butter to the skillet. Immediately transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake for about 3-4 minutes for medium-rare doneness. Check with an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove steak to a plate covered with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes so the juices can retreat back into the meat. Serve and enjoy!