Chicken is a lean, healthy protein and it can be served in a number of delicious ways. Here’s a roundup of the tastiest and quickest Skillet Chicken Recipes to help you get a healthy meal on the table any night of the week.
With loads of Mexican flavor, this chicken dish is quick, simple, and scrumptious. Made with tender chicken, roasted peppers, and onions, seasoned to perfection, you can easily make a yummy fajita or serve it up over a bed of rice.
Sautéed chicken with an array of vegetables coated in a delicious sauce, chicken stir fry is a quick meal to prep when you’re in a hurry. Serve over a bed of rice for a hearty, filling, and healthy meal that’s ready in just 20 minutes.
Looking for a chicken meal with Asian flavors? Yakisoba chicken is a Japanese noodle dish served with tender chicken, and fresh vegetables tossed in a savory sauce. You can serve this to a crowd or on a busy weeknight. It’s quick and simple to make and everyone will love it.
Not only is this dish quick to whip up, but it’s healthy and delicious. Made with chicken, broccoli, and pasta, this meal comes together in one single pot so clean-up is a cinch, too.
Sautéed with garlic butter, these chicken tenders are bursting with flavor. Everyone will love this weeknight meal and it’s easy to make even if you’re short on time.
Exploding with the flavors of the Mediterranean, this creamy and delicious chicken dish is a weeknight favorite. Even your pickiest eaters will be begging for seconds.
In a single skillet, this filling and satisfying meal comes together in no time. Flavorful chicken and veggies make for a healthy meal the whole family is sure to love.
Put the take-out menu down! If you’re craving burritos and just got home from a long day at work, we got you covered. This burrito recipe is ready in 30 minutes and you only have one pan to clean up when you’re done. It doesn’t get better than that!
When it comes to comfort meals, this one is sure to be your new favorite. Picture crisp potatoes covered in shredded chicken and topped with wing sauce, blue cheese, celery, and just a hint of dressing. From game day appetizer to weeknight dinner, this hearty and filling meal is always a crowd pleaser.
Sautéed chicken coated in a lemon-butter sauce is so simple to make that you are sure to add this to your weekly rotation.
Chicken and rice are a perfect combination. Add a creamy sauce and you have yourself the perfect soul-warming meal.
Made with homemade sazon seasoning, this easy chicken dish is flavorful and delicious. Serve alongside steamed rice or quinoa for a healthy meal the whole family will devour.
This creamy chicken spinach pasta is mouthwateringly delicious and it only takes 30 minutes to prep, plate, and serve!
Juicy chicken thighs simmered in a ginger soy sauce, this meal is sweet, tangy, and savory. Plus, it only takes 20 minutes to cook so you can make it any night of the week.
There’s no question – sausage jambalaya is the ultimate comfort food. Loaded with vegetables like celery, bell peppers, onions, and diced tomatoes, paired with zesty cajun seasoning, this meal is always a hit.
Chicken and veggies in a skillet recipe is such an easy dish to prepare that it will save you on your busiest weeknights.
If you like the intense flavor of curry, then this spicy coconut curry is for you. Made with tender, savory chicken and the rich flavor of coconut milk curry, this flavorful dish is actually pretty simple to make.
This savory chicken is cooked through and seared to perfection. Sizzling in herb butter pan juices, this chicken is tasty and quick to prepare. You won’t believe a dish this good can come together so quickly.
Made with tender chicken, black beans, and zesty seasonings, this chicken casserole is a fiesta for your tastebuds!
Best Skillet Chicken Recipe: Chicken With Peppers And Onions
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1 1/2 pounds
- 3 bell peppers red, orange, yellow or green ( thinly sliced)
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
For the Seasoning
Serving – optional
- 8-10 tortillas flour or corn, 8-inch
- fresh cilantro chopped
- Stir the cumin, chili powder, garlic, paprika, and cayenne in a small bowl and set aside.
- On a work surface, slice chicken lengthwise horizontally into strips about 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick. Then cut into the strips, against the grain. (Pro tip: Freeze the meat for 30 minutes to make it easier to slice.)
- Add the seasoning mix to a medium bowl with 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir. Place the chicken strips in the bowl and toss them to coat on all sides. Leave them in the marinade for at least 4 hours to enhance the flavor.
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed pan or a cast-iron pan over medium to high heat. When hot, add the oil and half of the chicken. Cook the meat for 1 to 2 minutes until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining strips of chicken. Place cooked meat on a dish and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Use a moist cloth to wipe the pan and add a fresh tablespoon of oil along with the bell peppers and onions. Sauté them for about two minutes.
- Place the chicken back into the pan and cook together with the vegetables. Splash with freshly-squeezed lime juice and sprinkle cilantro on top. Serve with warm tortilla bread.
- Fajita Seasoning: You can use the above recipe for seasoning as a substitute for store-bought fajita seasoning mix.
- Make Ahead: You can save time by cutting up the chicken and vegetables one day in advance and storing them in a plastic bag in the fridge so they’re ready to cook.
- Tortillas warm up nicely in a hot skillet. Heat them for 20 to 30 seconds on each side.
- You can also microwave them in small stacks of no more than 5 tortillas at a time or place them in the oven at 300°F. Tip: To preserve the heat, store warmed tortillas in a damp towel or wrap them in aluminum foil.