Ricotta cheese adds rich creaminess to a variety of dishes. From pasta to cookies and dips, there are many ways to enjoy ricotta. We’ve rounded up 18 of the best ricotta cheese recipes. You’re sure to find a few new favorites here!
Stuffed Ziti Fritta
Ziti pasta is stuffed with five kinds of cheese and is deep-fried until crispy in this Olive Garden copycat. Serve it as an appetizer with a marinara dipping sauce.
Upside Down Lasagna
Serve this upside down lasagna in wedges along with a crisp side salad. It’s loaded with ground beef, three kinds of cheese, and a flavorful tomato sauce.
Mini Lasagna Cups
These cute lasagna cups are the perfect appetizer! They’re crisp on the outside, creamy on the inside, and take just 40 minutes to make.
Summer Salad With Herbed Ricotta
The vibrant colors of this fresh summer salad are drool-worthy! Serve it alongside grilled meat and slices of toasted garlic bread.
Italian Ricotta Calzones
Italian calzones are similar to pizza turnovers. They’re filled with sausage, pepperoni, spinach, tomatoes and three kinds of cheese. Serve them with a crisp garden salad for a hearty meal!
Tomato, Basil, and Ricotta Pizza
Your kids will love the flavor of this homemade tomato, basil, and ricotta pizza. It’s also vegetarian-friendly! Serve it with your favorite salad for a healthy and delicious meal.
Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
The jumbo pasta shells in this dish are stuffed with an irresistible combination of garlic, spinach, and three kinds of cheese. Serve it with garlic bread for a delicious weeknight meal!
Baked Ricotta Dip
Serve this baked ricotta dip with crisp bread, crackers, or raw veggies! It’s the perfect appetizer for a fun get-together with friends.
Lemon Ricotta Bruschetta
Ricotta, lemon, honey and basil come together to make this delicious bruschetta. Serve it as a first course at your next summer party!
Italian Ricotta Cookies
These Italian ricotta cookies are soft, moist, and delicious! They’re topped with a sweet glaze and can be decorated to suit any occasion.
Ricotta Meatball Soup
This rich and delicious meatball soup is hearty enough for dinner! Serve it with buttered crusty rolls and you’re good to go.
Homemade gnocchi has never been easier! You’ll need a handful of basic ingredients and it takes just 20 minutes to make. Enjoy it with your favorite sauce.
Lemon Ricotta Cake
You’ll love the light texture of this lemon ricotta cake. It has a delicious lemon flavor and is topped with sweet strawberries. It would be perfect for a celebration dinner!
Everyone at the dinner table will love this hearty manicotti. It’s loaded with perfectly seasoned Italian sausage, three kinds of cheese, and is topped with marinara sauce. Serve it with crisp garlic bread and a fresh garden salad.
Cannolis are a sweet and indulgent Italian treat. They’re stuffed with sweetened ricotta cheese and are delicious served with hot coffee or tea.
Baked Ricotta Chicken
The chicken breasts in this classic recipe get their flavor from the marinade. This dish is delicious served over pasta. Your family will love it!
Whipped Ricotta Crostini
The creamy ricotta in this dish is the perfect complement to crisp garlic toast. It’s an easy appetizer that you can quickly pull together the next time you have friends over!
Honey Ricotta Dip With Pistachio and Apricot
Sweet apricots and crunchy pistachios combine perfectly with the smooth ricotta in this dip. Serve it with bread sticks, crackers, and your favorite raw veggies!
Best Ricotta Cheese Stuffed Ziti Fritta Recipe
For the Pasta
- 1/2 lb Rigatoni or Ziti Pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the Filling (5 cheeses)
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese shredded
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
Optional for Serving
- Marinara Sauce
- Alfredo Sauce
- chopped parsley
Cook the Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente (2 minutes less than the recommended time from the package).
- Drain the pasta and add olive oil. Stir to coat. Set aside to cool.
Make the Filling & Stuff the Pasta
- While your pasta is cooking, you can make the filling. In a large bowl, add ricotta cheese, mozzarella, cream cheese, parmesan, and Romano cheese. Stir until combined.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into a zip-top bag. Seal the bag and cut the corner.
- Pipe the cheese mixture into one side of the rigatoni. Flip and pipe the other side to fill.
- Place the filled rigatoni pasta on a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
Fry the Stuffed Pasta
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot until it reaches 350°F.
- Place eggs, flour, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Place a stuffed rigatoni into the flour to coat, then shake off excess flour. Dip it in the beaten egg with a fork. Then roll the rigatoni in bread crumbs to coat. Repeat with the rest of the rigatoni.
- Carefully lower 5-6 pieces of breaded rigatoni into the hot oil using a slotted spoon. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the cheeses just start to ooze out.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels using a slotted spoon. Repeat with the rest of the rigatoni.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and optional chopped parsley. Serve with marinara sauce or Alfredo sauce.
- It’s best to use Rigatoni pasta as it’s shorter and wider than ziti.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened before mixing.
- Cook extra pasta in case some rip and break apart.
Leave a Reply