Fluffy and warm, these quick bread recipes are better than store-bought bread, and they’re also easy to make.
If there’s one thing we learned during the pandemic, it’s that homemade bread is easy to make and ultra delicious.
We’ve collected 20 of the best quick bread recipes for you to try.
Crispy and garlicky, this sourdough bread beats anything you can order at a restaurant. Plus, you can enjoy it fresh out of the oven when you make it yourself.
Moist and delicious, this quick and simple cornbread recipe is easy for even a beginner to baker to ace.
You can whip up delicious banana bread even if you’re fresh out of baking soda. This simple recipe is easy to follow and results in perfect banana bread every single time.
Quick, simple, and delicious, fried bread is about to become your new favorite side.
With a few pantry staples and your two hands – no mixer needed – you can bake the best Cuban bread you’ve ever tasted.
For breakfast or as a snack, this creamy peanut butter bread is the most delicious concoction. You’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it yourself!
Monkey bread is a holiday tradition the whole family can enjoy. It’s just as fun to bake as it is to eat. Serve warm for breakfast or brunch and toss icing and sprinkles on top to make it more festive.
Made with toasted coconut and zucchini and topped with lime glaze, this bread recipe is a great way to sneak in some greens without anyone noticing.
Sweet and tart, cranberry-orange bread is a flavorful carb you won’t be able to resist. Plus, it’s topped with fresh orange juice glaze for a sweeter taste.
This sweet bread is irresistible! Made with fresh raspberries and decadent white chocolate chips, this bread pairs will your fresh brew or your favorite cup of tea.
Not sure what to do with those leftover green tomatoes from your garden? Turn them into a delicious loaf of fresh bread with this savory recipe.
This fall pumpkin bread is a real crowd-pleaser. You won’t be able to resist this delicious breakfast or snack bread. Pro tip: Mini loaves make excellent gifts for teachers and friends!
Made with only six simple ingredients, this yeastless bread is quick to prepare and utterly delicious.
If you have fresh garden strawberries, you can’t afford not to try this recipe. This bread is mouthwateringly delicious and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
Made with creamy cheddar and spicy jalapeno, this moist and flavorful bread recipe is balanced by the buttermilk. It makes for a delectable and unique bread you won’t be able to resist.
You only need 10 minutes to spare and nine pantry staples to make this delicious blueberry bread. A tasty dessert or coffee cake, this bread recipe is a guaranteed hit.
You’ll never rush out to Starbucks again! This gingerbread loaf with cream cheese frosting is easy to make at home and it just might be even better than the original, if we do say so ourselves!
Perfect for the holiday season, this quick eggnog bread is the perfect snack, breakfast, or dessert during the Christmas season.
This Irish bread is easy to prep and pairs perfectly with a hearty stew or cozy soup.
This copycat lemon loaf is a Starbucks recipe you will love to make. It’s buttery, tangy, and topped with a sweet and tart lemon glaze. What more could you ask for?
Best Quick Bread Recipe Collection
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large bananas very ripe
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil or melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease or line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and ground cinnamon if using). Whisk together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, peel and mash the bananas. Then add the eggs, oil, or melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a rubber spatula or a large spoon to combine. This should not take very long, about 20 seconds. Do not overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, until a tester comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack.