Looking for some inspiration for Meatless Monday? Vegetarian and vegan dishes have grown by leaps and bounds over the years. We’ve gathered 19 easy Meatless Meals for you to try at home. They’re easy to make and perfect for Meatless Mondays!
There are a variety of ingredients you can enjoy if you’re reducing your intake of meat or are following a meat-free lifestyle.
Best Meatless Meals
Jackfruit is a tropical tree fruit that has a texture that’s similar to meat. In this recipe it’s seasoned with Mexican seasonings and enjoyed as tacos! It takes just 30 minutes to make this tasty dish.
If your family wants lasagna but you want to save some time, try these easy lasagna roll ups instead! They’re easy to make and have all the traditional lasagna flavors you love.
Cremini mushrooms take the place of the beef that’s typically used in stroganoff. This is a true comfort dish and only takes 20 minutes to make!
If you’re in the mood for meatloaf but it’s Meatless Monday, this lentil loaf is just what you need. The lentils are perfectly seasoned and come together with flavorful seasonings to create a healthy and delicious meat-free loaf!
This Buddha bowl is filled with healthy ingredients. It’s hearty, delicious, and takes just 45 minutes to make!
The avocado in this pasta dish is transformed into a super creamy sauce! Serve it with a side of fresh garden salad and crispy garlic bread.
This mango salad is bright, colorful, and full of flavor! It has a peanut dressing you’ll love, and is ready to enjoy in just 15 minutes.
Meaty portobello mushrooms and walnuts come together in this recipe to create a sloppy joe sauce that’s incredibly delicious! Serve it hot on your favorite toasted buns.
This easy vegan dish is the perfect combination of delicious flavors and textures. It’s perfectly seasoned and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare!
Here’s a new way to enjoy sushi that’s both vegetarian and vegan-friendly. The sushi is stuffed with a delicious combination of sweet potato and avocado!
These Buffalo cauliflower bites are a healthier version of Buffalo chicken wings! They turn out light and crispy, and would be delicious as an appetizer.
A combination of rice, pinto beans, and seasonings create a stuffing that’s both hearty and delicious. Each pepper is topped with cheese and would be delicious served with diced avocados and sour cream.
This tasty chili is loaded with protein-rich pinto and black beans. It’s super hearty and is the perfect dish to serve on a cold evening.
If it’s pizza night in your household, it’s easy to create a meat-free option. This recipe for homemade pizza dough is easy to pull together, and you can choose your own toppings!
These healthy black bean burgers can be fried, baked, or grilled! Serve them with your favorite toppings on toasted buns.
Homemade falafel is incredibly easy to make. In this recipe the falafel is perfectly seasoned and then baked! Serve it with a fresh side salad for a healthy, high-fiber meal.
Serve this creamy broccoli soup with crusty rolls or your favorite crackers! It’s a delicious vegan–friendly option for a hearty and delicious meal.
This is the perfect soup to make when you have some fresh tomatoes on hand. The tomatoes are roasted for extra flavor, and are then blended with a variety of veggies and seasonings. Top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and cheesy croutons.
This hearty and comforting soup takes just 35 minutes to make and is full of protein-rich chickpeas. Serve it when you’re craving something comforting!
Easy Meatless Meal Jackfruit Pulled Pork Tacos
For the tacos
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced
- shredded red cabbage
- lime wedges
- Drain the brine and rinse the wedges thoroughly.
- Pinch off the hard cores at the tip of each wedge. And then pull apart the rest of the wedge using your hand. (You can discard the cores or cut them into small pieces. Both the cores and seeds are edible).
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add minced garlic and sliced onions. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions start to soften.
- Add shredded jackfruit, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce, honey, and water.
- Stir fry to coat and reduce heat to low-medium. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the rest of the BBQ sauce, and stir fry for about 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened. (Taste test the sauce, add more BBQ sauce and honey if needed)
- Serve them over tortillas together with avocado, shredded red cabbage and cilantro for a complete meal!
- The cooked BBQ jackfruit can last up to 3 days in the fridge. You can eat it cold or reheat in the microwave.