Are you looking for healthy but satisfying meals that will make your feel good? Below you will find 16 Easy Light Dinner Ideas that your family will love. These simple recipes are super simple and fast to make. Go on, give them a try tonight, you’re promised delicious meals with incredible results!!
What Should I Make When Eating Light?
You may think eating light means that you can only eat green salad or other fresh vegetables. But did you know that you can whip up some scrumptious meals that can be healthy, keto-friendly, and light without missing out on some of your favorite ingredients?! It’s true! Some great ideas include meats, seafood, fruits, and vegetables while still eating light.
Light Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Steak Salad: For a hearty lunch or dinner, give steak salad a try! This flavorful steak salad recipe is made with juicy, pan-seared steak, fresh vegetables, and a mouth-watering balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It’s a perfect keto meal on its own, or if you are looking to make it a full meal, serve it on pasta or wrapped in tortillas.
- Sriracha Shrimp: A combination of sweet and spicy, Sriracha Shrimp is packed with flavors and made with an incredible sriracha sauce! This dish is easy and quick to prepare, rivalling Applebee’s sriracha shrimp!
- BLT Pasta Salad: Full of color and freshness, this BLT Pasta Salad is perfect for a summertime BBQ or party! A simple pasta recipe that is light and ready on your table in 15 minutes! Your family and friends will ask for it again and again!
- Shrimp Tacos: These Blackened Shrimp Tacos might just blow your mind and your senses! An insanely delicious meal that is made with blackened shrimp, avocado, mango, purple cabbage, fresh lime, and cilantro. Both healthy and flavorful, this is a meal everyone will love!
- Guilt-Free Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Noodles: In just 20 minutes, you’ll be able to enjoy this guilt-free garlic parmesan zucchini noodle meal! Made with garlic, tomatoes, basil, and parmesan cheese, it’s a low-carb meal that easily can be made into a vegetarian dish!
Light Dinner Ideas for Summer
- Baked Sockeye Salmon: If you haven’t cooked sockeye salmon before, don’t worry! Here you can learn how to cook it so that it’s moist and flavorful! Remember that the filets are thinner and leaner than most other fish which means it’ll cook faster! Pair it with cauliflower rice or veggies to keep this dish light and fresh for those busy summer nights.
- Summer Squash Sauté: One skillet meal means fewer dishes! This summer squash saute is light, healthy, and loaded with delicious seasonal veggies like yellow squash, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. It’s a perfect meal for a busy summer night.
- Couscous Summer Salad: This summer salad is so refreshing and full of flavor. The combination of juicy nectarines, creamy avocados, mint, cucumbers, chickpeas, couscous and cherries creates an unforgetble experience. Plus it takes about 5 minutes to make! It can’t get much better than that!
Vegetarian Light Dinner Recipes
- Avocado Pasta: This vegetarian dish is creamy, flavorful, and incredibly satisfying! It only requires a few ingredients including avocados, basil, garlic, lemon, and olive oil with some cherry tomatoes for a pop of color. And it’ll be on your table in 15 minutes,
- Cauliflower Fried Rice: This cauliflower dish cooks up light and fluffy in the microwave in just a few minutes. A keto-friendly and low-carb meal that is a twist on your regular takeout fried rice. Easy to make at home from scratch, you’ll be coming back to your meal again and again.
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese: A popular pasta dish turned vegetarian, vegan spaghetti bolognese is simple and quick to make. In this dish, it’s the onions, garlic, olive oil, and Italian spices that provide the perfect flavor. You can use tofu as the meat substitute here or skip it altogether – the choice is yours!!
- Balsamic Veggie Pasta: This pasta recipe is loaded with tons of fresh veggies and garlic, and tossed with a delicious simple balsamic vinaigrette.
- Easy Indian Cauliflower Curry: If you’re a fan of Indian food, then you will love this Indian cauliflower curry. It’s easy, hearty, and budget-friendly. Enjoy it anytime!
Other Popular Dinner Recipes for Weight Loss
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad: Don’t let the name fool you! This recipe is healthy, creamy, filling, and makes the perfect topping for your salads or sandwiches. All you have to do is to mix all the ingredients together, and then you will have a whole bowl of healthy chicken salad goodness.
- Healthy Salmon Sushi Bowls: A no-fuss Salmon Sushi Bowl that will satisfy all of your sushi cravings without having to leave your house! Coming together in just 10 minutes, it’s a no-fail, win-win dish!
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust: Crisp and delicious, this Cauliflower Pizza Crust comes out perfect every time! It’s a tasty, low-carb recipe that will satisfy your pizza cravings!
16 Best Light Dinner Ideas (Easy Microwave Cauliflower Rice Recipe & More)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 cups mixed carrots and peas fresh or frozen
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon optional sesame oil
- Wash the cauliflower and pat dry with paper towels.
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater or food processor.
- Transfer the rice to a piece of paper towel and squeeze to remove any excess moisture.
- Add cauliflower rice, carrots, and peas to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl, and add it on top of the cauliflower rice. Don’t mix at this point.
- Cover with the lid or plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 45 seconds (the eggs will be half-cooked).
- Mix the egg with the cauliflower rice and other vegetables. Microwave for another 45-60 seconds until eggs are fully cooked. Season with salt, pepper, and mix well.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serve and enjoy!