Short on time? Don’t sweat it. We’ve got you covered with these quick, simple, and delicious dinner ideas.
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Stir fry is quick and simple to make, and it’s loaded with so many delicious flavors. This recipe includes a honey garlic sauce that’s easy to make and is sure to please the whole family. Plus, it only takes 20 minutes to prepare.
With only 6 ingredients, this creamy pasta dish is ready to serve in just 30 minutes. The best part? It’s easy to prepare with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Running late and considering take-out? Make your own with this quick Mongolian Beef recipe. It tastes just like P.F. Chang’s signature dish and it’s ready in just 20 minutes.
Quick and Easy Chicken Pasta
This simple weeknight lifesaver is easy to make and so tasty. Pasta tossed with chicken and topped with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, this dish is ready in 15 minutes!
Garlic Beef Lo Mein
Made with tender beef, vegetables, noodles, and a homemade lo mein sauce, this garlic beef recipe is so easy to make. The best part? Your family will think it took hours to prepare!
Quick Chicken Burritos
Tight on time? Don’t worry. This 15-minute chicken burrito recipe is here to save the day. The kids will love it so much, it may become your new go-to weeknight supper.
Gluten-free Pasta Primavera
Tossed with healthy vegetables, this pasta recipe is a real timesaver. It’s quick and simple to make, and even your picky eaters are sure to love it.
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
This quick recipe combines two of the best meals ever: Philly cheesesteaks and sloppy joes. Tasty and simple, this recipe is ready to serve in just 20 minutes.
Pan Seared Sockeye Salmon
Because sockeye filets are thin, they cook relatively quickly. Serve with pasta, steamed veggies, or your favorite sides, and in just 15 minutes, your healthy supper is ready.
Quick Homemade Chili
Running late? This 30-minute chili recipe is here to save the day. Add as little or as much spice as you like to customize this dish to your taste. With your favorite toppings, this hearty dish is ready in no time.
Easy Shrimp Tacos
Shrimp tacos may sound complicated, but they’re actually quick to prepare. Serve with warm tortilla bread, homemade guacamole, and salsa for an authentic Mexican meal, even if you’re in a hurry.
Pan Fried Pork Chops
Skip the marinades and breading and head straight for the pan. This recipe promises juicy boneless pork chops fried in just 15 minutes.
Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Classic mac and cheese is always a hit. Made with just 8 ingredients, this creamy, cheesy stovetop recipe is ready in just 15 minutes. You’ll never eat mac and cheese from a box again!
Tofu and Veggie Stir Fry
Healthy and gluten-free, this stir fry is simple to whip up. Loaded with protein and fresh veggies, this 30-minutes recipe is a weeknight lifesaver.
Oven Baked Haddock
This healthy dinner option has a light, sweet taste that the whole family is sure to love. Bonus: it’s ready in just 15 minutes.
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
It’s hard to believe these juicy, garlic butter steak bites can be prepared so quickly. Even a novice cook will love this 15-minute recipe for tender, pan-seared steak.
15-Minute Garlic Butter Shrimp
A classic and delicious recipe, garlic butter shrimp is always a good choice. With just a hint of red pepper, your family is sure to love this 15-minute recipe.
Quick Pork Fried Rice
Tender pork, cooked rice, fresh and crunchy vegetables, and seasoned to perfection, this 20-minute meal is your weeknight savior.
Quick One Pot Lentil Soup
Sometimes, you just need a warm, hearty soup to cozy you up on a cold day. This simple one-pot soup is just the thing. It’s quick to make and really hits the spot.
Pan Seared Flat Iron Steak
Bursting with rich, juicy flavor, this 15-minute flat iron steak recipe is perfect when you’re in a rush. Plus, it’s an affordable meal idea the whole family will love.
Easy Last Minute Dinner Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium recommended (see note)
- 1-2 tbsp honey to taste
Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper or carrots, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
Extra Seasoning – Optional
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, broth and honey until dissolved. Reserve.
- Place a large skillet on medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil and cubed chicken. (see note)
- Season with salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Then turn the pieces over and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the garlic and vegetables and stir fry for 3-5 minutes until just starting to soften.
- Add soy sauce mixture to the pan. Cover and cook for one minute until reduced slightly.
- Add the optional sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Then add the cornstarch-water mixture.
- Stir for 30-60 seconds until the sauce has thickened enough to barely coat the chicken pieces.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with rice or noodles as desired.
- You can substitute cubed chicken thighs for chicken breasts.
- A quality low-sodium soy sauce such as San-J or Kikkoman is ideal. To make this dish gluten-free, use coconut aminos instead.
- Avoid crowding the pan to ensure the chicken browns properly. Fry in batches if needed.
Leave a Reply