Whether you’re surprising someone with a romantic dinner or celebrating an anniversary, you can create restaurant-quality recipes at home for less than half the cost. We’ve collected 18 easy but Fancy Dinner Ideas that you can make at home.
What Should I Serve for a Fancy Dinner?
When it comes to fancy dinner ideas, you’ve got lots to choose from. Steak, pasta, and seafood are popular choices for special occasions. A nice bottle of wine and some fancy desserts are always a good idea with a fancy dinner.
Fancy Dinner Recipes
Romantic Fancy Dinner Meals for Two
- Sous Vide Lobster Tails with Lemon Butter: It doesn’t get much fancier than this! These sous vide lobster tails are unbelievably tender and smothered in a flavorful lemon butter sauce.
- Perfect Pan-Seared Filet Mignon: Tender, juicy pan-seared filet mignon is the quintessential meal for special occasions and date night. Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables
- Marry Me Chicken: Don’t be surprised if you get a proposal after serving juicy pieces of chicken in a creamy parmesan sauce. Best of all, it’s ready in under 30 minutes!
- Date Night Sirloin Steak for Two: Make it a romantic evening at home with this succulent pan-seared sirloin steak. It’s cheaper than filet mignon with no compromise on flavor.
Easy Gourmet Dinner Ideas
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken: Tender chicken breast filets are rubbed with brown sugar and herbs, wrapped in bacon and baked to perfection. Serve with roasted potatoes for a restaurant-quality date night meal.
- Boneless Prime Rib Roast: Slow-roasted beef is a mouthwatering option for your next at-home celebration. Perfect for family gatherings and dinner parties!
- Best Tomahawk Steak Recipe: A tomahawk steak is a classic ribeye steak with an extra-long bone for an impressive, Instagram-worthy entree. Grill or bake and serve with diced potatoes and garlic butter broccolini.
- Air Fryer BBQ Ribs: These sticky-sweet BBQ ribs are sinfully good! Skip the rib house and use your air fryer to make delicious baby back ribs at home.
- Penne Pasta with Vodka Sauce: Penne alla vodka is a classic dish that you’ll find on most Italian-American menus. Enjoy this creamy, comforting pasta dish as a special weekend treat.
- Seafood Gumbo: Lovers of Cajun cuisine are in for a treat with this thick and satisfying seafood gumbo. It’s the next best thing to visiting NOLA.
- Best Seafood Boil: This seafood boil is garlicky and buttery with just the right amount of spice. You won’t be able to resist these succulent pieces of shrimp, crab and crayfish.
- Creamy Chicken Piccata: Tender pieces of pan-seared chicken breast are simmered in a rich, creamy lemon butter sauce. Chicken piccata is the Italian meal you’ve been craving!
Elegant Fancy Dinner Ideas for Parties
- Little Neck Clams with White Wine and Garlic: Little neck clams are gently steamed and simmered in a white wine sauce for a deceptively easy seafood dinner.
- Perfect Sous Vide Porterhouse Steak: Sous vide steak comes out perfectly every single time! The Porterhouse is one of the most desirable cuts of meat, making it perfect for a special occasion at home.
- Easy Smothered Pork Chops: Succulent pork chops are smothered in a creamy onion sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes and broccoli for a dinner the whole family will love.
- Party Lasagna: Upside down lasagna is meaty, cheesy and perfect for feeding a group. With this unique cooking method, it’s quick and easy to make this hearty meal from scratch.
- Sous Vide Scallops with Lemon Butter: Scallops are prized for their incredibly tender texture and slightly-sweet taste. Toss them in a classic lemon butter sauce for a simple, yet impressive entree.
- The Best Crawfish Pie: Delicious bits of crawfish and mixed veggies make a flavorful filling for this seafood pot pie. With its flaky, buttery crust, it’s the ultimate Cajun comfort food.
You May Also Like
- 22 Fancy Dessert Recipes
- 20 Easy Romantic Dinner Ideas for Valentine’s Day or Anniversary Dinner
- 23 Best Birthday Dinner Ideas
- 21 Best Dinner Ideas for Kids
18 Fancy Dinner Ideas (Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe & More)
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 12 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix brown sugar, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Lay the chicken breasts on a work surface, and rub about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar onto each.
- Wrap each chicken breast with about bacon strips with slight overlap, starting and finishing on the bottom of the breast to secure if possible.
- Place the wrapped chicken into a baking pan and sprinkle any remaining brown sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, brushing with the juices every 10 minutes and rotating the pan for even browning. Serve and enjoy!