If you’re a fan of the savory breakfast sandwiches served at your favorite restaurants, you’ll be happy to know that it’s super easy to make English muffin breakfast sandwiches at home! They’re simple to make and taste so much better.
From a sausage egg McMuffin copycat to an English muffin breakfast pizza your kids will love, we’re sharing 12 of the best English muffin breakfast ideas.
English Muffin Ingredients
The main ingredients in English muffins are all-purpose flour, sugar, instant yeast, milk and salt.
What Goes Well with English Muffins?
English muffins go well with spreads including jam, cream cheese, peanut butter and more. You can also make them into breakfast sandwiches with eggs, meat and cheese; however, they also work well for mini burgers, pizzas, sandwiches and more.
Are English Muffins Good For Breakfast?
English muffins are a great substitute for toast in the morning. They contain calcium, manganese, phosphorus and selenium.
Are English Muffins Healthier Than Bagels?
English muffins are somewhat healthier than bagels, as they contain fewer calories, carbs, fats and sugar. An English muffin is also usually smaller than a bagel, allowing for better portion control.
Best English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich Recipes
Homemade Sausage Egg McMuffin
Your family will be thrilled with the flavor of these scrumptious sausage McMuffins. They’re made with seasoned ground pork patties topped with eggs and cheese. You’ll be enjoying them in just 15 minutes!
English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make these tasty breakfast sandwiches. They’re full of delicious savory flavors and take just 20 minutes to make.
Camping Breakfast Sandwich
You’ll want to serve these tasty breakfast sandwiches when you’re camping and when you’re at home! They’re topped with savory pulled pork, eggs, and cheddar. Your family will love them.
Healthy English Muffin Breakfast Ideas
English Muffin Avocado Toast with Egg
If you’re a fan of avocado toast, try this recipe for English muffin avocado toast with egg. It’s incredibly easy to make and is full of delicious flavors and textures.
Peanut Butter Banana English Muffin
Your kids will happily gobble up these peanut butter banana English muffins. You’ll only need four ingredients and just 5 minutes of prep time!
Easy English Muffin Breakfast Recipes Without Eggs
These savory crab melts are a delicious combination of canned crab, veggies, shredded cheddar, and seasonings. The recipe serves four and is ready to enjoy in just 10 minutes!
English Muffin Tuna Melts
Treat yourself to these hearty English muffin tuna melts for breakfast or lunch! They’re made with basic ingredients you likely have on hand, and are ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
Barbecue Chicken English Muffin Pizza
Serve these tasty barbeque chicken English muffin pizzas with a fresh side salad for a delightful lunch! They’re super easy to make and full of delicious pizza flavors.
Other Delicious English Muffin Breakfast Recipes
Eggs Benedict is a favorite breakfast and brunch menu item that can easily be made at home. Follow the steps in this recipe for a delicious hollandaise sauce that’s rich and creamy.
English Muffin French Toast
English muffins make easy work of this delicious French toast. They’re the perfect portion size and are delicious topped with maple syrup and fresh berries.
English Muffin Monte Cristo
Heat up your griddle to make these savory Monte Cristo sandwiches. They cook up perfectly crisp on the outside with warm ham and melted cheese on the inside.
Ham and Cheese English Muffin Breakfast Casserole
Make a plan to serve this hearty breakfast casserole the next time you’re hosting brunch! The English muffins add wonderful texture and it’s loaded with shredded cheese, ham, and eggs.
You May Also Like
- Easy Breakfast Sandwich Recipes for Busy Mornings
- Best Breakfast Pastries to Start Your Day
- Easy Breakfast Bars for Busy Mornings
Easy English Muffin Breakfast: Homemade Sausage Egg McMuffin Recipe
For Sausage Patties
- 3/4 lb ground pork or you can use 1 lb if you prefer to have a thicker patty
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
For the McMuffin
- 4 English muffins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices American cheese
- cooking spray
- optional butter
Cook the Eggs
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil to a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place egg rings (or mason jar lid screw side up) into the skillet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Crack each egg into a mason jar lid (screw-side up) or an egg ring. Break the yolks with a fork.
- Add about 1/4 cup water into the skillet and then cover with a lid.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or to your liking. Set aside.
Toast English Muffins
- Split English Muffins into halves and toast them in a toaster.
- Remove from the toaster and spread with butter if preferred.
Make Sausage Patties
- Add ground pork, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, pepper, and sugar into a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined using your hands.
- Shape into 4 patties that are slightly larger than the muffins. (The patties will shrink once cooked.)
- Add ½ tablespoon of oil to a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Once hot, place the patties on the skillet. Cook the first side for about 3 minutes or until browned. Flip the patties and cook for about 3 minutes until cooked through. Turn off the heat.
- Top with cheese and cover with a lid to melt the cheese.
- Place the bottom English Muffin on a plate. Then add the sausage patties with melted cheese.
- Add the egg on top, and then add the top English Muffin. Serve hot and enjoy!
Leave a Reply