What could be better than a freshly baked homemade treat? Bonus points if you make it yourself! Baking is a rewarding hobby that pays off in delicious cakes and cookies. If you’re looking for simple and fun recipes, look no further than these 20 Easy Baking Recipes for some inspiration!
What is the Easiest Thing to Bake at Home?
For many people, the easiest thing to bake at home is a boxed cake mix. These are available in many different varieties and can be tweaked to your preferences. Making baked goods from scratch is easier than you think and so fulfilling. Some easy popular recipes include banana bread, oatmeal cookies, and chocolate cake.
What Can You Bake When Bored?
Baking can be lots of fun, whether done alone or with a partner, friend, or child. During the COVID-19 pandemic, lots of people turned to baking when their usual sources of entertainment were no longer available during the lockdown. Cakes, cookies, muffins, and brownies are all tasty options when you’re looking for something fun to do at home.
Easy Desserts Baking Recipes
- Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes: Mini Oreo cheesecakes are smooth and creamy with America’s favorite cookie as their crust. You can never eat just one!
- Chocolate Chip Mochi Cookies: Irresistible chocolate chip mochi cookies are filled with sweet and sticky mocha on the inside with chocolate chips on the outside. This just may be your new favorite cookie.
- The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe: Skip the store-bought options and make a chocolate cake from scratch using real cocoa powder. If you need, this recipe can be made gluten-free or egg-free.
- Gooey S’mores Brownies: A layer of graham crackers makes these brownies extra special. This chocolatey dessert is a definite crowd pleaser.
- Best Banana Bread Recipe: It doesn’t get much better than this classic banana bread recipe. Use up your overripe bananas for a quick and easy bread.
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups: These mini apple pies are almost too cute to eat! Bite-size cinnamon roll apple pies can be topped with frosting or ice cream.
Healthy & Easy Baking Recipes
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins: For a healthy dessert option, give these blueberry muffins a try. Made with oatmeal and whole wheat flour, they’re full of fibre and made with real blueberries.
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies: Who says there’s no such thing as a healthy cookie? With just 3 ingredients, you’ll have gooey chocolate chips baked in an oatmeal banana dough.
- The Best Healthy Carrot Cake: This carrot cake is good for your heart and your tastebuds. Enjoy with a delicious cream cheese frosting that can be made without dairy.
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies: Simple ingredients make these cookies delicious and easy to bake. You won’t believe that these soft, chewy cookies are flourless!
Thanksgiving Baking Ideas
- Apple Cranberry Pie: Warm apple filling and fresh cranberries make this dessert festive. Here’s a classic pie that’s perfect for the holidays.
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Rose Tart: Your guests will love this gorgeous cinnamon apple rose tart. With a bit of skill, you can create a beautiful, rose-shaped dessert.
- Turkey Cupcakes: These cute cupcakes are a hit at any Thanksgiving dinner – and don’t worry, turkey isn’t an ingredient. Use Reese’s Pieces to create a colorful ‘feathers’ for your chocolate cupcake.
- Pumpkin Pie: Some say Thanksgiving Day isn’t complete without a pumpkin pie. Here’s a traditional recipe the whole family will love.
Other Fun Baking Recipes
- Soft and Chewy Quaker Oatmeal Cookies: These cookies can be made with chocolate chips, dried cranberries or raisins. Even better, they can be frozen for up to three months to make meal prep a breeze.
- Cake Pops (Starbucks Copycat Recipe): Vanilla cake cops are cute, bite-size balls of cake, covered in frosting and served on a stick just like a lollipop. Make these Starbucks-inspired pops at your next baby shower or kids’ party.
- Cherry Clafoutis: This French dessert is fruity, creamy and sweet. If you wish, substitute cherries for berries, apples or other fruit.
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake: Pineapple Upside Down Cake is one of those desserts that everyone has eaten, but not many people know how to make. You’ll love recreating this classic in your oven.
- Nutella Pizza: Swap cheese and tomato sauce for strawberries and Nutella spread in this easy dessert. You can use homemade or store-bought pizza dough.
- Butter Mochi: Mochi is a sticky-sweet glutinous rice used in Japanese cuisine. Hawaiian Butter Mochi Cake is soft, chewy and totally irresistible.
How to Bake Chocolate Cake?
Make chocolate cake from scratch by whipping up a batter made with unsweetened cocoa powder. Everyday baking essentials like all-purpose flour, eggs, vegetable oil, and sugar are perhaps already in your pantry and the cocoa powder can be found in the baking aisle of your supermarket.
20 Easy Baking Recipes (Oreo Cheesecake Bites Recipe & More)
- 22 Oreo cookies Chop 6 of them into small pieces
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place cupcake paper liners into a muffin tin pan. Add one Oreo cookie into each paper cup. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese and sugar. Beat until combined on medium speed using a hand mixer.
- Add vanilla and eggs. Continue to beat until smooth without lumps.
- Add sour cream, mix until combined.
- Stir in chopped cookies, and mix generally using a spatula.
- Spoon the batter on top of the Oreo, filling each to almost the top.
- Place in the lower third of the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the edges just start to turn brown. Remove from oven and transfer to cooling racks.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight. Serve and enjoy!