Throwing a party or Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner but not sure what appetizers to serve? We’ve got you covered. Below you will find 31 Easy Appetizers that will win over just about any crowd, from finger foods to vegan options to kid-friendly recipes!
What are some Popular Appetizers for Parties?
If you’d like to win over your guests with all different tastes then here’s a suggestion for you – finger foods! The question is though – what tops the list? Some popular appetizers include spinach dip, crescent roll hot dogs, pizza sliders, buffalo wing dip, and buffalo fries.
Easy Party Appetizers for A Crowd
- Blooming Onions: Whether you’ve had a blooming onion at your local fair or at Outback Steakhouse – you know just how delicious they are! With step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to make this appetizer with ease.
- Onion Rings (Burger King Copycat Recipe): Burger King fans, stop here! The famous onion rings are about to be yours! They’re crispy, full of onion flavors, and only require a few ingredients to make.
- Buffalo Fries: A copycat recipe that’s one of the most popular items. Buffalo fries are a Wing Stop favorite that can be recreated right at your home. Crispy and flavorful fries are loaded with chicken wing flavors and finished with cheddar cheese!
- Baked Mango Habanero Wings: These sweet and spicy wings are baked right in the oven! Coated with a finger-licking addictive sauce, this appetizer is perfect for any type of get-togethers.
- Spinach Dip: Who doesn’t love spinach dip? It’s one of those appetizers that is so good that it doesn’t last! Made with a few simple ingredients – this recipe is gluten-free, low carb and keto-friendly too!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip: Ok, grab a napkin because this dip is about to make your mouth water! It’s creamy and filled with hot chicken wing flavors. Perfect for those days when you’re craving some comfort food or hosting a party.
Simple Cold Party Appetizers
- Hummus: A spread that’s healthy and good for you? Yes, it’s hummus! Smooth, creamy, and full of incredible flavors and made with chickpeas. Now you can skip buying it from the grocery stores and make it right at home instead.
- Chicken Avocado Roll-ups: This is a simple appetizer that goes a long way! Creamy, delicious, and filling – this recipe is ready in just 20 minutes. You can use grilled, canned, or leftover chicken.
- Ritz Cracker Appetizers: Here you’ll get not one, not two but four different Ritz cracker recipes. They’re a finger food that’s perfect for any party! Plus, you can make each of these in just 15 minutes!
- Shrimp Cocktail: Are you ready to impress? This shrimp cocktail will easily wow all your guests! They’re baked in the oven and then paired with a zesty cocktail sauce. Hesitant? Then be sure to watch the video tutorial to see how easy it is!
- Guacamole: Loaded with jalapeño, tomato, garlic, and cayenne – guacamole is ready to shine. You can serve this smooth or chunky.
- Smoked Salmon Spread: You can’t go wrong if you opt for a smoked salmon spread! It’s easy to make and always pleases the crowd! All it takes is 5 main ingredients and 3 simple steps!
- Coleslaw: Tangy and sweet, this coleslaw isn’t like the one your grandmother used to make. It’s a Southern-style recipe ideal for just about any occasion.
- Cucumber Sandwiches: These mini sandwiches are healthy and fun to eat! All you need is some bread, cucumbers, and cream cheese! You’ll love how easy these sandwiches come together, plus they’re refreshing too!
- Cream Cheese Apple Dip: A 3-ingredient dip that’s creamy and delicious? You got it! This recipe comes together in just 5 minutes, and you can pair it with your favorite apples or other snacks.
Best Finger Food Appetizer Recipes
- Easy Crostini: It’s easy, delicious, and made with simple ingredients. Just be sure to have the bread nearby and your favorite toppings to complete this appetizer.
- Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts: Made with just 3 simple ingredients, this appetizer is tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Serve it up with some maple syrup or a balsamic dip.
- Crescent Roll Hot Dogs: This recipe puts a twist on the traditional recipe, giving this dish a great look. Plus, your kids can help with making these! Don’t forget the dips!
- Pull-Apart Cherry Pie: 2 ingredients, that’s all you need here! Does it get any easier than that? This cherry pull-apart pie will easily melt in your mouth! The best part? It’s such a fun dessert, you won’t mind sharing it!
- Sweet Potato Fries: Sweet, salty, spicy, and crunchy – these sweet potato fries have it all! It doesn’t stop there, this dish is full of fiber, vitamin c and antioxidants. Plus, these fries only take about 10 minutes of prep!
- Blueberry Scones: If you love blueberries, then you’ll love this one! This recipe is bursting with flavor and turns out incredibly flaky and soft every time. Ready in just 35 minutes, these scones are perfect at any time of the day.
- Cranberry Brie Bites: Date night? Then keep this recipe close by! Cranberry brie bites are simple yet tasty. All it takes is about 20 minutes of your time and you’ll be on your way to feeding each other a bite-sized appetizer!
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms: Whether you’re a mushroom fan or not, you’ll love this one! Stuffed with crab, cheese, and herbs, this appetizer is perfect for both casual and upscale gatherings!
Other Easy Appetizers
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips: Grab your favorite fruit and get to dicing. Fruit salsa with cinnamon chips is both delicious and refreshing too. Bonus, you get to make your own homemade cinnamon chips here!
- Puppy Chow: Don’t worry, you’re not really about to make and eat dog food! This recipe is a mix of Chex cereal, chocolate and peanut butter flavors. It only takes a few minutes to throw together and is easily enjoyed as an appetizer or a dessert.
- Bread Bowl Cheese Dip: The name says it all! Bread and cheese?! Can we say YUM! Choosing the right cheese is important here, not only for taste but for the aroma too! Bonus – you get a video tutorial on how to make this appetizer!
- Apple Pie Tacos: Picture this – cinnamon sugar filling right in between a crisp taco shell and drizzled with a caramel sauce! Now imagine biting right into that! It’s ready for you to enjoy in just about 20 minutes!
- Halloween Spider Mini Pizzas: Who doesn’t love a fun Halloween treat? With this recipe, you can make pizzas look just like spiders. It’s spooky and ready in just 20 minutes – a recipe that will be the star of your holiday bash!
- Holiday Layered Jell-O Shots: What’s red and green and ready for your next Christmas gathering? Jell-O Shots! With layers infused with vodka, this recipe is a must for your next holiday gathering!
- Pizza Slider: Made with pepperoni, sauce and loads of cheese, pizza sliders are a staple at any party! Made in dinner rolls and baked to perfection.
- Meatballs: Tender, juicy, and ready in under 30 minutes! Meatballs can be baked, fried, or made in a slow cooker. Plus, you can coat these in your favorite sauce! Stick in some toothpicks and serve up!
31 Best Easy Appetizers (Buffalo Fries Recipe and More)
- 3 pounds russet potatoes cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Buffalo Ranch Sauce
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 3 tablespoons ranch mix
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 4 ounces gorgonzola or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 green onions minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Scrub the potatoes under running water and place on a work surface. Cut away any blemishes. Then cut the potatoes into halves. Cut each half lengthwise into halves again. Then cut each quarter into two wedges. Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and toss with the oil until coated evenly.
- Scatter the potatoes evenly across the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until golden and tender, about 20 to 30 minutes, giving them a shake halfway through for even browning. You can also prepare the sauce and toppings while the fries are baking.
- Stir the buffalo wing sauce and ranch together in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. As soon as it bubbles, reduce heat to the lowest setting to keep warm and reserve.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and transfer to a rectangular ovenproof pan. Turn on the broiler.
- Drizzle the wing sauce evenly across the potatoes. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top followed by the crumbled gorgonzola/blue cheese.
- Put the pan into the oven to broil for 2 to 4 minutes, or just until the cheese is starting to bubble. (Note: If your broiler is weak, you may need to move the oven rack higher so the fries are about 3 inches from the broiler.)
- Remove the buffalo fries from the oven. Garnish with green onions and serve warm.