If you are planning to celebrate the big day at home instead of a restaurant, here are the 23 Best Birthday Dinner Ideas for that special person. From steak, seafood, to special pizza, you’ll find some great and easy recipes for adults or kids!
What Can I Cook for A Special Dinner?
The first step is to gauge who you’re cooking for, who’s the star of the show, and what do they love to eat?! From there you can narrow it down to the size of the party and the preferences. If you’re cooking for a larger crowd, you’ll want to choose big-batch recipes such as party lasagna, pot roast, sheet pan chicken, or pizza. The choice is yours, or in this case, the birthday star’s choice.
Birthday Dinner Menus Ideas for Adults
- Perfect T-bone Steak: If you’re familiar with steak you are well aware that T-bone Steak is one of the best steak cuts. To make the restaurant-quality steak, you can sear it in the pan at a high temperature and then finish in the oven. The result? A caramelized crust with juicy and tender meat in the middle. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make with no marinating required.
- Crab Legs: Easily learn how to cook crab legs that will burst with incredible seafood flavors! You can use this technique for cooking king crab or snow crab legs. You can cook them up via boiling, steaming, baking, or grilling, but remember to serve them with melted butter or seafood boil sauce for dipping!
- Sheet Pan Chicken: Loaded with tender pieces of chicken, bell peppers, onions, and traditional fajita seasonings, this easy one-pan meal will be on your table and ready to serve in 30 minutes!
- Honey Garlic Shrimp: Who doesn’t love mouth-watering and succulent jumbo shrimp? Now imagine it’s coated with honey garlic sauce – it’s irresistible, sticky, and oh so good! You only need 6 ingredients and about 15 minutes of your time to whip this up for a birthday party appetizer.
- Mississippi Pot Roast: This Ultimate Crockpot Mississippi Roast is fall-off-the-fork delicious and amazingly juicy! It takes only 10 minutes of prep in the morning and then the magic happens while the roast simmers in a rich and heavenly sauce all day in the slow cooker. Just add in some vegetables to the crockpot in the final hour and you’ll have a perfect party meal with a delicious built-in gravy! Yum!
- Sous Vide Brisket: If you’ve tried the brisket and are looking for a new cooking method, try it Sous Vide! It’s cooked low and slow in a warm water bath, making it perfectly tender and juicy.
- Marinated Flank Steak: Hands down the best flank steak marinade that makes super juicy and flavorful flank steak every single time! It’s flavored with soy sauce, honey, lime, and garlic that will tenderize your meat while adding intense flavors.
- Upside Down Party Lasagna: This is a mouthwatering lasagna dish that’s baked in a pot and turned upside down to serve. It’s packed with layers of meaty lasagna flavors and will definitely impress every one!
- Sous Vide Lobster Tails: Another sous vide recipe that will have you begging for more! It might actually become your new favorite cooking method. It truly is a no-fail butter-poached lobster recipe that produces the most succulent restaurant-quality seafood right in the comfort of your home!
Birthday Dinner Ideas for Kids
- Southern Baked Mac and Cheese: It’s a birthday dinner idea for kids, but this recipe may have those adult guests fighting to get some too. This Southern Baked Mac and Cheese is made from scratch and each bite is creamy, cheesy, and perfectly seasoned!
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork: The perfect dump-and-go recipe for those running out last minute to pick up some remaining party favors. This Crock Pot Pork Shoulder is not only flavorful but is fall-apart tender! Yum! Shred your pork after it’s cooked and serve it on some sandwiches with barbeque sauce and delicious coleslaw.
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs: Corn dogs?! Yes please! These air fryer corn dogs are crispy and crunchy! Plus, they’re made from scratch without deep-frying! It’s a healthy corn dog recipe that everyone will love!
- Pull-Apart Pizza Bread: This is not your usual pizza, it’s a delicious pizza in the shape of a star! It certainly will be a big hit with both kids and adults alike!
- Chicken Lo Mein: This flavorful lo mein is so much better than takeout and only takes 20 minutes to prepare! You’ll love that this can be made for a quick weeknight meal or a last-minute dish for a party – it’s fresh, delicious, and full of a fabulous Cantonese sauce.
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes: Philly Cheesesteak meats Sloppy Joes!! Two favorite recipes in one! Cheesy and flavorful ground beef and veggies are served on toasted hamburger buns instead of hoagie or sub rolls. You won’t be able to resist it!
- Taco Pasta: Ready in under 20 minutes, this is a one-pan meal for those busy weeknights or to serve up at your next gathering. All you need is taco meat with a homemade sauce and shell pasta – it doesn’t get much easier than this!
Vegetarian Birthday Dinner Ideas
- Jackfruit Vegan Pulled Pork: Jackfruit is one of the best meat substitute. Serve it with flour tortillas and it taste just like the traditional pulled pork. Your guests won’t believe they’re completely vegan!
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites: These cauliflower bites are a low-carb appetizer and snack made without oil. They don’t taste exactly like buffalo wings, but you’ll certainly appreciate that they’re healthier and take about 20 minutes to make.
- Avocado Pasta: If you’re looking for presentation and taste, then this Avocado Pasta is for you. It’s an elegant vegetarian dinner that is creamy, satisfying, and full of flavor! Plus, with a few simple ingredients, it will be on your dinner table in just 15 minutes!
- Mango Salad with Peanut Dressing: A quick summer salad recipe, mango salad with peanut dressing is always a hit! It only takes 15 minutes to make, and your guests will certainly feel refreshed with every bite!
- Easy Coconut Chickpea Curry: This curry dish is sweet, tangy, and savory! Ready in no time, it’s quick and easy to make. Plus there’s a video tutorial too!
- Sweet Potato Buddha Bowls: It’s a simple dish that requires about 30 minutes, but results is amazing! It’s a healthy meal loaded with four kinds of nutritious vegetables.
- Four Seasons Pizza: With four different toppings, this pizza is always a hit at any gathering. You’ll have so much fun making it, but even more fun eating it!
23 Best Birthday Dinner Ideas (Easy T-Bone Steak Recipe & More)
- 1 ½ pounds T-bone steak about 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over high heat and allow to heat for 5 minutes until very hot.
- Rub the steak on all sides with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is very hot, add the remaining oil and swirl to coat.
- Carefully place the steak in the pan using kitchen tongs. Sear the first side for 2 minutes.
- Flip using kitchen tongs and sear the other side for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and butter. Then immediately transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes without flipping for medium-rare steaks (130°F/54°C), checking doneness by inserting an instant-read meat thermometer.
- Remove steak to a plate or cutting board covered with aluminum foil to rest for 5 minutes so the juices can retreat back into the meat. Serve and enjoy!