When cooked correctly, beef short ribs are deliciously tender and succulent. Serve them with creamy mashed potatoes and a fresh green veggie! In this post we’ve collected 11 of the best Short Rib Recipes. From classic braised short ribs to succulent Korean short ribs, you’ll want to give these recipes a try!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Low and slow is the best way to cook cuts like short ribs. In this recipe, the short ribs are baked until perfectly tender. Enjoy them with creamy mashed potatoes.
A slow cooker makes easy work of these tender short ribs. Just sear the short ribs first to give them a nice crust, and then let them simmer in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours.
Short ribs cooked using the sous vide method are guaranteed to be tender and succulent. This recipe should be started a day in advance to give the ribs ample time to gently cook.
Short ribs cook up moist and tender in about an hour when you use an Instant Pot. Let them marinate in the fridge overnight for a delicious boost of flavor.
Red wine adds flavor and also helps to tenderize the short ribs in this dish. Serve this saucy dish over mashed potatoes for a hearty meal.
Ginger, garlic, brown sugar, and soy sauce add delicious flavors to this Asian-inspired short rib dish. The ribs are cooked in a crock pot until tender and are delicious served alongside steamed rice.
You’ll need just four ingredients to make these tasty short ribs. They cook low and slow in the oven under tender, and turn out great every time!
Sweet and savory Korean flavors shine through in these delicious short ribs. They’re marinated overnight and grilled to perfection. Serve them with fried rice and grilled veggies.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make these succulent short ribs. They’re perfectly seasoned and then slowly bake until tender.
If you love saucy dishes, give this one a try. The ribs are cooked in a sweet and tangy homemade barbecue sauce. Serve them with rice and steamed veggies!
These easy short ribs can be made on the stove-top or in the oven. Serve them over rice, mashed potatoes, or your favorite noodles!
Best Short Rib Recipe
- 5 pounds beef short ribs cut into 2-inch chunks
- olive oil
- 3 cups chopped leeks
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 750 ml bottle dry red wine
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz bottle Guinness draught stout
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the short ribs on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with 1½ tablespoons salt and 1½ teaspoons pepper. Roast for 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Reduce the temperature to 325°F.
- Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a large 12-inch Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, onions, and carrots and cook over medium to medium-high heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the wine and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer over medium for 10 minutes, until the liquid is reduced. Add the stock, tomatoes, Guinness, thyme, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1½ teaspoons of pepper.
- Place the ribs in the pot along with the juices and seasonings from the baking sheet. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook in the oven for one hour. Uncover and cook for another hour, or until the meat is very tender.
- Remove the short ribs to a plate with a slotted spoon and discard the thyme and any bones that have separated from the meat. Simmer the sauce on the stove for 20 minutes, until reduced. Skim some of the fat off the top and discard. Return the ribs to the pot, heat for 5 minutes, and taste for seasonings. Serve hot with creamy mashed potatoes.