Just switch to the Keto diet and worried about what you can and can’t eat? Or are you just dreading your keto meals too boring? Well, worry no more because below you will find 30 Easy Keto Dinner Ideas that are delicious and fun. You’ll get to enjoy chicken, beef, cheese, and so much more! Plus, you’ll even get the chance to enjoy bread again!
Top 10 Keto-Friendly Foods (Ingredients)
The keto diet (ketogenic) is a high-fat, low-carb diet that can help with weight loss. While going on a keto diet might limit your meal options, there are many foods out there that you can enjoy for dinner or lunch. Below are top 10 popular Keto-friendly foods
- Meat and Poultry: Such as steak and chicken.
- Other Protein: Such as seafood, especially salmon, and eggs.
- High Fat Dairy: Such as cheese, butter, and cream.
- Vegetables with Fewer Net Carbs: Such as spinach, zucchini, cucumber, cabbage, and lettuce.
- Dark Chocolate
- Olives and Olive Oil
- Nuts and Seeds: Such as almonds and walnuts.
- Berries: Such as strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Coconut Oil
Foods You Should Avoid On A Keto Diet
- Grains such as white and brown rice
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods. You should avoid regular bread and pastry.
- Starchy vegetables such as potatoes and sweet potatoes
- High-sugar fruits such as bananas and apple
- Sweetened yogurt
- Honey, syrup or other sugar substitutes
- Chips and crackers
- Most desserts
Chicken Keto Dinner Ideas
This keto sheet pan meal is full of irresistible Tex-Mex flavors. Simply combine chicken, bell peppers, onions and fajita seasoning. Then bake for 25 to 30 minutes before assembling the fajitas and digging in! Remember to replace the regular tortillas with Keto-friendly toritillas.
There’s no need to miss out on fried chicken when you’re eating keto. This low carb dinner is crispy, juicy and seasoned with homemade KFC copycat spices. Fresher and better than takeout!
Make this popular Italian dish in the comfort of your own home. It’s chicken parmesan without the breadcrumbs to make it keto. This dish is also grain-free and gluten-free!
Lazy Keto Meals
There’s almost nothing simpler or healthier than baked sockeye salmon. This keto dinner is moist and flavorful too! Learn how to prepare it in just 15 minutes.
Cauliflower fried rice is a fabulous keto dish, but did you know you could make it in the microwave? It comes out light and fluffy in minutes. Plus, it’s healthy too!
This Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe can be made quickly using leftover corned beef. With just a few more ingredients and less than 30 minutes of your time – you’ll be able to enjoy this low-carb dish.
Keto Dinner Recipes with Ground Beef
Did you know you could enjoy lasagna on a keto diet? The secret is to use deli chicken slices instead of traditional noodles. Say goodbye to veggie noodles and hello to added protein.
Looking for a keto dinner recipe for those busy weeknights! This hearty taco casserole to make your mouth water with its cheesy Tex Mex flavors!
Enjoy tasty and satisfying cheeseburgers on a keto diet. These burgers are low in carbs and big on flavor!
Easy Weeknight Keto Dinner Ideas for Beginners
Pork chops are a super-easy keto dinner idea. Simply combine a few spices and rub the all over the chops before baking in the over for about 20 minutes. They’re tender, juicy and flavorful!
Top sirloin steak is a mouthwatering keto-friendly dinner you can make on the stovetop in minutes. Learn how to pan sear it to perfection with an easy garlic butter sauce!
On a low-carb diet and missing eating pasta? This recipe to the rescue! These homemade noodles only require two ingredients and are pleasantly chewy and cheesy. Add your favorite pasta sauce to complete the dish!
Keto Dinner Party Ideas
Everyone loves these Red Lobster copycat keto biscuits! They feature delicious cheddar garlic flavors with only two grams of net carbs.
Don’t miss out on cornbread just because you’re eating keto! This recipe is a gamechanger and lets you enjoy Southern flavors in every bite. It’s also perfect for soaking up flavors on your plate!
FAQ About A Keto Diet
Can I Eat Spaghetti on a Keto Diet?
Traditional wheat-based spaghetti is a no-go for a keto diet due to the high carb content that could take you out of ketosis. Nonetheless, there are some low-carb spaghetti brands emerging that make it possible to make spaghetti dishes that are keto.
Is Cauliflower Keto-Friendly?
Are Beans Keto?
It’s best to avoid kidney beans, black beans and pinto beans on a keto diet due to their high carb content. However, green beans and black soybeans are fine given they have just 2 grams of net carbs. Alternatively, you can try substituting in mushrooms, eggplant, avocado or boiled peanuts.
Can I Eat Bananas on Keto?
Even though bananas are delicious and have many health benefits, they are not compatible with a keto diet. Bananas are high in carbs with about 30 grams of carbs for a large banana.
Are Carrots Keto?
You can only eat carrots in moderation on a keto diet, with raw carrots containing a comparatively high 9 grams of net carbs per cup. Some great alternatives include raw or cooked celery, broccoli and cauliflower.
You May Also Like
Easy Keto Dinner Ideas (Baked Boneless Pork Chops Recipe and More)
- 4 boneless pork chops 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Pat dry the pork chops with paper towels. Rub them with oil, and then rub the seasoning mixture over all sides of each pork chop.
- Place them on the baking in a single layer.
- Cover the pork chops loosely with aluminum foil and bake for about 15 minutes until the internal temperature reads 145°F.
- Remove from oven. Let them rest for about 5 minutes and serve.