This homemade Cheesecake Filling is creamy, rich, and smooth with a taste that rivals your favorite restaurant or bakery. Mix a few simple ingredients and then bake with a graham cracker crust for a quick treat after any meal. We’ve also included instructions on how to make a no-bake cheesecake filling.
There’s only one word to describe the first bite of this homemade cheesecake: bliss. It’s one of my favorite dessert recipes along with Chocolate Pudding and Crème Brulee.
What is Cheesecake Filling Made of (For Baked Cheesecake)
- Softened Cream Cheese: Use plain Philadelphia cream cheese, or another brand of your choice. Take it out of the fridge about an hour before you’re ready to bake. This softens the cream cheese, making it much easier to mix.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar is recommended for this recipe. You can also use your favorite alternative sweetener such as Stevia or agave nectar.
- Vanilla Extract: Pure and natural vanilla extract is the best choice for a rich, decadent cheesecake.
- Egg: Use a large, fresh egg for this recipe.
- Sour Cream: Sour cream adds a subtle tang to your cheesecake. You can substitute with Greek yogurt and a pinch of baking soda.
You’ll also need a graham cracker crust to make this delicious cheesecake.
How to Make Cheesecake Filling
The cheesecake filling is so quick and easy to make at home:
- Add softened cream cheese and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Beat everything until completely combined.
Once the filling is ready, simply add it into the graham cracker crust. Then carefully place it on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and chill 4 hours in the refrigerator.
Tips & Tricks
- For best results, make sure the cream cheese is softened before you start baking. Take it out of the fridge about an hour before you’re ready, to allow it to reach room temperature. You can also put the cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl and give it a quick zap.
- Make sure to place the cheesecake-filled graham cracker crust on a baking sheet to prevent it from falling apart when you take it out of the oven.
How to Make No-Bake Philadelphia Cheesecake Filling?
If you prefer to make a no-bake cheesecake, you’ll need cream cheese, brown sugar, unsalted butter, heavy cream, sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract. You can find more details on how to make no-bake cheesecake on this post.
Is Cheesecake Filling Bad for You?
Cheesecake is certainly delicious, but it’s high in calories, sugar, and saturated fat, which can lead to weight gain and increased cholesterol. So it’s best enjoyed as an occasional treat or saved for special events.
Easy Cheesecake Filling Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 graham cracker crust (9-inch)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, add softened cream cheese and sugar. Beat until combined.
- Add vanilla, eggs, and sour cream. Beat until smooth.
- Add the cheesecake filling into the graham cracker crust. Then carefully place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 min. Remove from oven.
- Chill 4 hours in the refrigerator. Serve and enjoy!
- Make sure the cream cheese is complete softened before mixing.
- It’s important to place the cheesecake filled graham cracker crust on a baking sheet, otherwise it could be fall apart when you remove it from the oven after baking.
- If you don’t use the cheesecake filling immediately, you can cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. It can last for up to 3 days.
- For no-bake cheesecake filling, check this post.
Leave a Reply