This post may contain affiliate links.
Please read my disclosure policy.
Squid and calamari are popular among seafood lovers. If you’re looking for some new ways to prepare these ingredients, this collection of the best squid recipes will help.
From classic fried calamari to a comforting Indian squid curry, there are lots of new recipes here for you to try at home.
Squid vs Calamari
Squid and calamari are very similar. The key difference is squid is larger and has two shorter fins, while calamari is smaller and has fins that run the full length of the body.
This saucy calamari dish can be served as both an appetizer and as a main. It takes just 11 minutes to make and is delicious served alongside rice.
Fried calamari is easy to make and this recipe is just as good as anything you’d find at a restaurant. The squid is marinated in buttermilk and then fried until golden and crispy.
This popular Cantonese salt and pepper squid is a delicious combination of spicy and savory flavors. The squid is marinated, coated in a flour and cornmeal mixture, and then fried until crispy.
Serve this delicious Thai basil squid over a bed of steamed rice. It’s ready to eat in just 15 minutes!
Add these tasty squid tacos to your list of recipes to make for Taco Tuesday! It takes just 15 minutes to prepare, and you can add your favorite toppings.
The squid in this curry dish takes just 20 minutes to make. Serve it alongside steamed rice and crisp naan bread.
The spicy garlic sauce in this dish has a wonderful flavor. The squid takes just 20 minutes to make and is delicious served with steamed rice and a fresh garden salad.
Your family will love the flavors of this Korean spicy squid rice bowl. Top each serving with a fried egg for an authentic presentation!
Impress your guests with this delicious grilled stuffed squid. It cooks up quickly and pairs well with a savory dipping sauce.
Squid ink gives the risotto in this dish its distinctive inky black color. Follow the instructions in the recipe for perfect results.
This classic Filipino dish is full of savory flavors. It cooks up quickly and is delicious served with steamed rice.
Easy Garlic Squid Recipe
- 250 grams squid
- 50 grams butter unsalted
- 20 grams garlic
- 1 green onions chopped
- 5 grams parmesan cheese
- 3 grams fresh coriander
- salt & pepper to taste
- lemon juice
- Chop the spring onion and set the green part aside to use for garnish. Finely chop the coriander. Mince the garlic and cut the squid into rings.
- Season the squid with salt and pepper and set it aside.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan along with the garlic, coriander and white parts of the spring onion.
- Cook over medium heat until the garlic starts to become a light golden brown.
- Increase the heat to high and add the squid.
- Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes until the squid is fully cooked.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Garnish with the spring onion and serve.