Store-bought puff pastry is a huge time saver! This collection of savory puff pastry recipes will give you some great ideas for a tasty snack or a complete meal.
From an impressive beef wellington to fun puff pastry pigs in a blanket, there’s a recipe here to suit any occasion!
Tomato Tart with Puff Pastry
Serve this delicious tomato tart as an appetizer! The puff pastry is topped with a tasty combination of fresh tomatoes, 2 kinds of cheese, and tangy dijon mustard.
Chicken Pot Pie
Using frozen puff pastry to top savory chicken pot pie is a real time-saver. Make it even easier by using a rotisserie chicken. Your guests will never know! This chicken pot pie gets its rich flavor from cognac.
Everyone at the dinner table will be impressed with this amazing beef wellington. The beef is perfectly cooked and the pastry is light and flaky. Follow the instructions in the recipe for delicious results.
Pain Au Chocolat
These delectable chocolate pastries are perfect for a weekend brunch. They’re light, airy, and full of rich chocolate flavor.
Puff Pastry Pepperoni Pizza
Puff pastry makes an amazing pizza crust! Top it with tomato sauce, shredded cheese, pepperoni, and spices, and enjoy a tasty pizza in about 10 minutes.
Leek and Onion Puff Pastry Tart
Cut this leek and onion puff pastry tart into squares and serve it as an appetizer! It features creamy camembert, garlic, red onion, and leeks.
Feta and Spinach Puff Pastry Appetizers
These savory and delicious pastries are stuffed with a mixture of spinach, artichoke hearts, green onions, garlic, seasonings, and 2 kinds of cheese. The pastry bakes up crisp and flaky.
Cheesy Mushroom Spinach Puff Pastry
Serve this vegetarian mushroom spinach puff pastry for next week’s Meatless Monday dinner! It features delicious cheesy and savory flavors and is perfect served with a fresh garden salad.
Make this impressive tart when fresh asparagus is in season! It’s tangy, cheesy, and takes about 25 minutes to make.
Puff Pastry Squares with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Your guests will love the tangy flavor of these goat cheese and sundried tomato appetizers. You’ll need just 3 ingredients – goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, and frozen puff pastry. They’re ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
Chicken Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Parcels
These chicken, spinach, and artichoke puff pastry tarts are perfect as an appetizer. Each bite is loaded with flavor and the pastry is perfectly light and flaky.
Pigs in a Puff Pastry Blanket
Kids and adults alike will enjoy these homemade pigs in a blanket. Make them with hot dogs or your favorite kind of sausage and serve them with a tangy dipping sauce.
Salami and Cheese Pinwheels
These tasty pinwheels feature the bold flavors of salami, colby jack cheese, and coarse mustard. Serve them as appetizers at your next get-together.
Buffalo Chicken Puff Pastry Pinwheels
These Buffalo chicken pinwheels are always a hit at parties. They’re cheesy and savory with the perfect amount of spice.
Mini Apple Cheddar Pies
The sharp flavor of white cheddar cheese perfectly complements the sweet and tart flavor of apples in these hand pies. They feature a sweet and crunchy sugar and apple pie spice coating.
Savory Vegetable Galette
This vegetable galette is the perfect dish to serve on a cool autumn evening. It’s a delicious combination of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, brussels sprouts, and mushrooms, and is topped with a sweet and tart cranberry balsamic glaze.
Cheese and Fig Savory Palmiers
Make a batch of these savory palmiers and serve them as appetizers before a holiday meal. They’re made with puff pastry, fig preserves, and grated cheddar. You’ll love the combination of sweet and savory flavors.
Puff Pastry Vegetable Strudel
This vegetable strudel is restaurant quality! Serve it as a first course at your next get-together, or as a main with a fresh garden salad or a steaming bowl of soup.
Ham and Cheese Puffs
Serve these delightful ham and cheese puffs as appetizers over the holidays! They’re savory, cheesy, and super easy to make.
Easy Savory Puff Pastry Recipe
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 pound fresh spinach about 1 cup when cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- Place the puff pastry on the counter to thaw.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and stir often until soft and golden.
- Wash and dry the spinach thoroughly, and then roughly chop.
- When the onions are done, add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the spinach along with black pepper to taste. Use tongs to constantly stir and turn the spinach just until wilted.
- Place the spinach, cream cheese, herbs, onion flakes, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well with a fork.
- Once the puff pastry is soft enough to handle, unfold the sheets and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between the two sheets of puff pastry, lightly spreading to cover the entire surface.
- Beginning with one edge, roll each pastry sheet into a log. Place the pastry on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and transfer to the fridge. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 400ºF.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and cut into ½-inch slices. Place the slices back on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Set aside for a few minutes and serve warm.
- The pinwheels can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 2-3 days and also be served cold.
- If using frozen spinach, let it thaw and then squeeze well to remove as much excess moisture as possible.
Leave a Reply