This post may contain affiliate links.
Please read my disclosure policy.
Hot Pockets are tasty snacks enjoyed by kids and adults alike. If you’re new to these savory treats, they can easily be made at home!
In today’s post, we’re sharing some guidelines on how to prepare hot pockets, as well as an easy recipe for you to try.
How Long to Cook Hot Pockets In The Oven?
Hot pockets are best cooked in the oven. They’ll be crisp and flaky on the outside and soft and melty on the inside. The general cooking time is about 12-15 minutes.
Can I Cook Hot Pockets In A Toaster Oven?
Yes! Using a toaster oven is a great way to cook hot pockets. They’ll take about 25-30 minutes to cook. Be sure to turn the hot pockets every 10 minutes or so for even browning.
Cooking Hot Pockets in An Air Fryer
Air fryers produce hot pockets that are perfectly crisp on the outside, and tender and melty on the inside. Set the air fryer to 370°F and cook for 11-13 minutes or until heated through.
Are Hot Pockets Already Cooked?
Most of the hot pockets sold in grocery stores are not cooked. You’ll want to ensure that they are fully cooked before eating.
How Do You Make Hot Pockets Crispy?
Hot pockets come out perfectly crisp when cooked in an oven, toaster oven, or air fryer. If you’re using a microwave, remove the hot pockets from the packaging and place on a microwavable crisper pan. Cover with the lid and cook on high for about 2 minutes. Note that hot pockets cooked in a microwave won’t be as crispy as other cooking methods.
Why Is My Hot Pocket Hard?
Hot pockets that are overcooked can become hard. Watch them carefully to ensure they don’t burn.
Why Is My Hot Pocket Soggy?
Hot pockets cooked in the microwave can be soft and soggy. For the best results, use a microwave crisper pan.
How To Cook Hot Pockets In The Oven
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 2 ½ cups chopped ham
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- pizza sauce for serving
Prepare Hot Pockets (Skip this step if using store-bought hot pockets)
- Start by adding the flour, salt, and yeast to a food processor with the blade attachment. Pulse until well mixed and then add the olive oil and pulse again.
- With the machine running, pour in the warm water.
- Let the machine continue to run until the dough pulls away from the edges and forms a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and cover until it rises and doubles in size.
- When the dough has doubled in size, use your hands to separate it into equally sized balls. Roll each ball into a small circle about the size of your hand.
- Add pizza sauce, cheese and meat to each circle and then fold to make a half-circle.
- Seal the edges of each hot pocket and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake the Hot Pockets
- Bake at 450°F for about 12 to 15 minutes until golden and heated through.