Forget sliced bread. The croissant sandwich is the key to spicing up your sandwich game. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by just how much better your lunch is with this flaky pastry instead.
Here are some of our favorite croissant sandwich recipes for you to try.
Do Croissants Need To Be Toasted?
Croissants are delicious and versatile. You can enjoy them at room temperature, but they do taste particularly delectable when they’re warmed up. You can warm them in an oven, toaster, or toaster oven. Raw croissants should be baked before consuming.
How Long Do Croissants Stay Fresh?
Croissants can last at room temperature for 1 or 2 days, but they will last as long as one week when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Best Croissant Sandwich Recipes
Make-Ahead Breakfast Croissant Sandwich (Freezer-Friendly)
The best part about these tasty croissant sandwiches is that you can make them ahead and freeze them. You can turn to them for a healthy start to the day even on your busiest mornings.
Breakfast Croissant Boats
Loaded with fluffy eggs, melted cheese, and crispy bacon bits, these croissant boats are as adorable as they are delicious. Plus, they only take 30 minutes to make!
Ham & Swiss Croissant Sandwiches
This buttery croissant sandwich is stuffed with warm ham, melted Swiss cheese, and honey mustard sauce. This cozy, comforting meal will definitely hit the spot.
Baked Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches
These buttery baked sandwiches are loaded with protein and flavor. With scrambled eggs, ham, and melted cheddar, these make-ahead sandwiches are freezer-friendly, too.
Bacon, Eggs, And Cheese Croissant Sandwiches
This on-the-go breakfast is about to become your new favorite. Made with eggs, bacon, and cheese, these quick bites are hearty, healthy, and mouthwateringly delicious.
Caprese Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
Caprese salad is so good that it belongs in your next croissant sandwich. This Italian-style combo stuffed into a warm, buttery croissant is the ultimate European delicacy if you ask us.
Turkey Croissant Sandwich
Tired of your plain, old turkey BLT? This year, shake things up by stuffing your Thanksgiving turkey leftovers into a warm croissant along with bacon, tomatoes, and avocado spread.
Egg Salad Croissant
Hard-boiled eggs, mashed and combined with mayo, mustard, salt, and pepper, loaded into a buttery croissant? Yup, that’s what we call perfection!
Tuna Salad Sandwich
This yummy tuna salad sandwich is so simple and delicious that you’ll love having this for lunch on the regular.
Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
Loaded with tender and savory chicken salad, this buttery croissant sandwich is just impossible to resist.
Croissant Club Sandwich Bake
The only thing that could possibly make a hearty and delicious club sandwich any better is two layers of buttery, flaky, moist croissant pastry.
Spinach Artichoke Crescent Rolls
Spinach artichoke mix rolled up into a flaky, buttery croissant? Yes, please! Serve alongside dip for an even more satisfying taste.
Pizza Croissants – Crescent Roll Pizza
Baked to golden perfection, these crescent roll pizzas are stuffed with pepperoni and cheese and coated in an herb-seasoned, buttery sauce. You’re already drooling, aren’t you?
Monte Cristo Croissant Sandwich
Made with hearty ham, melted Swiss cheese, and dipped in raspberry jelly, this flaky sandwich is oh-so-satisfying.
Simple Turkey Meatball Croissant Sandwich
Your regular turkey meatball sandwich is getting a makeover! Toss this hearty and delicious sandwich filling into a croissant and you’ll never reach for plain, sliced bread again.
Easy Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich Recipe
Not sure what to do with your leftover chicken? This chicken salad recipe served on a warm croissant is the most delicious way to make use of those leftovers.
Turkey Cranberry Croissant Panini
The day after Thanksgiving usually means sorting though leftovers. Luckily, this turkey cranberry croissant sandwich is so delicious, your lunch won’t even taste like leftovers at all. Especially with that creamy layer of brie cheese! The best part? You can prep these tasty sandwiches in just 20 minutes.
Best Croissant Sandwich Recipe
- 8 croissants
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices deli ham
- ⅓ cup milk
- 6 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut each croissant in half. Place the bottom half of the croissants on a large rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
- On each croissant, place a slice of cheese and a slice of ham.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Transfer this mixture to a greased skillet over medium-high heat.
- Gently stir the egg mixture with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula (scraping the bottom of the pan as you stir to ensure the eggs cook evenly). Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When the eggs are almost cooked, stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese until melted and then continue to cook until the eggs are scrambled and moist. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add a large scoop of the scrambled eggs on top of the ham and cheese. Top with the second half of the croissants. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheddar cheese is melted and the croissants are toasted.
- Serve immediately or let the croissants cool completely before wrapping each sandwich in plastic wrap to freeze. To reheat, place the croissant sandwich on a piece of paper towel and microwave for 1 minute or until heated through.
Leave a Reply