Whether you’re looking for more plant-based foods or new to the vegan diet, here are 15 of the Best Vegan Snack Recipes to satisfy your cravings.
What Popular Snacks are Vegan?
You may be surprised to know that many of your favorite and popular snacks are vegan. Sour patch kids, Oreos, Nerds, Skittles, Twizzlers, and fruit rollups all fall under this category. As do Life cereal, Captain Crunch and Ritz whole wheat crackers.
Homemade Healthy Vegan Snacks
- Hummus: Here’s a Mediterranean snack that’s vegan and low in calories. Hummus is light and creamy spread that goes with just about anything, from veggie sticks to pita bread and tortilla chips. So skip the store-bought and make your own!
- Homemade Vegan Energy Balls: This no-bake recipe produces a tasty and irresistible snack every time. Vegan energy balls have a soft and chewy texture with all your favorite cookie dough flavors. The best part? They’re nutritious and low in calories.
- Healthy Homemade Nut Butter: This recipe beats just about any nut butter you’ve ever tried. It’s healthy, homemade and tastes more peanut buttery than real peanut butter. Yum!
- Healthy Snack Edamame: If you’re craving something savory and filling, then you’ve come to the right place. Edamame is the perfect vegan finger food on-the-go or whenever you crave something healthy. Just three ingredients!
- Peanut Butter Apple Slices: It doesn’t get easier than this! Just take some apple slices, top with creamy peanut butter and sprinkle chocolate chips and slivered almonds on top. This satisfying snack is great for adults and kids alike!
Vegan Snacks for Kids
- Roasted Chestnuts: This classic holiday treat also makes a nutritious vegan snack you can enjoy throughout fall and early winter! Roasted chestnuts have the most addictive nutty, slightly sweet flavor. The best part? They’re healthy and kids love them!
- Dragon Fruit Smoothies: This is one of the best smoothies hands-down! It’s smooth and creamy with a mild fruity flavor and a vibrant pink color. Plus, you can make this nutritious smoothie in just 5 minutes!
- Cheesy Vegan Popcorn: Why get expensive storebought popcorn when you can make your own? This addictive recipe takes just 10 minutes to make and gives you light and fluffy popcorn that’s full of flavor!
- Healthy Trail Mix: Move on from storebought by making homemade trail mix customized to include your favorite ingredients. It’s nutritious and oh-so tasty! Plus, you can make it ahead of time for a grab-and-go snack on busy days.
Other Easy Vegan Snack Ideas
- Roasted Chickpea Snack: Roasted chickpeas are a healthy vegan snack packed full of fiber, zinc, protein and folate. They’re deliciously crunchy with a nutty taste that’s totally addictive!
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: Homemade pumpkin seeds are an irresistible vegan snack when done right! They’re crunchy and nutritious with magnesium and plant-based protein.
- Vegan Applesauce: Here’s an easy homemade applesauce using fresh apples. It’s delicious, flavorful and affordable too. Plus, this recipe makes a big enough batch to store some for later.
- Vegan Guacamole (Served with Crackers): Here is my new favorite guac recipe! It makes a creamy and flavorful dip or spread to serve with crackers or veggies. Give up the storebought guacamole and enjoy the fresh taste of homemade!
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins: Gone are the days of bland blueberry muffins. This recipe is not only bursting with flavor, but it’s vegan too! These muffins are soft and moist with a hint of lemon. Plus, you can use fresh or frozen blueberries as you like.
- Vegan Kale Chips: Have you ever made your very own kale chips? They come out of the oven crispy and flavorful for a healthy snack that’s amazingly addictive. They’re not only vegan but paleo and whole30 too!
What Are Some Vegan Snacks That I Can Buy?
Popular storebought vegan snacks include vegan kettle corn, veggies straws, quinoa chips and chickpea chips. You can find them in supermarkets, specialty grocers or online.
More Vegan Recipes You’ll Like
15 Best Vegan Snacks (Vegan Energy Balls Recipe and More)
- 1 cup rolled oats old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips vegan
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix with a large wooden spoon until it forms a firm dough.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll between the palms of your hands to make a 1.5 inch ball.
- Place onto a parchment-lined plate and repeat for remaining dough.
- Chill in an airtight container until serving.
- You can make energy balls up to one week ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge.