Sous Vide Corn Recipe (+VIDEO)
Sous Vide Corn on the Cob is the most delicious and tender corn on the cob I’ve ever had! The sous vide technique allows you to transform the kernels into perfect sweet, juicy and tender bites!
Servings 4 Servings
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 4 teaspoons butter unsalted, plus more for serving
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
Fill a large container or pot with water, attach the sous vide precision cooker and set the temperature to 183°F / 84°C.
Husk the corn and season with salt.
Place corn and butter in a large resealable bag or vacuum seal bag. Arrange corn in one single layer. (If your bag is not large enough, use multiple bags).
Seal the bag using the water displacement technique* or a vacuum sealer.
(Optional) Add sous vide weights to the bag to weigh it down.
Once the temperature has reached the target temperature, place the sealed bag in the water bath and set the timer for 30 minutes. Make sure to submerge the corn completely in the water. As the vacuum-sealed bag with corn tends to float, if you didn't add sous vide weights to the bag, you'll need a heavy kitchen item (I used a saucepan) to weight it down.
When the time goes off, remove the corn from the bag.
Serve with more butter if desired.
- * Water displacement method: Place the corn and butter in a zip-top bag and seal all but one corner of the bag. Slowly place it in the water bath, and make sure everything below the zip-line is covered by water. Then seal the rest of the bag.
- If you use frozen corn, follow the same instructions as cooking the fresh corn, and add extra 30 minutes of cooking time in the sous vide cooker.
- You can add aromatics such as cilantro or garlic, etc., sprinkle them sparingly.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 293IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Iron: 1mg