Sous Vide Chicken Breast
Juicy Sous Vide Chicken Breast from fresh or frozen! Made with simple seasoning and no sear. It’s great for meal prep or a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 ½ lb chicken breasts (boneless skinless, fresh or frozen*) You can also use bone-in, skin-on
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Fill a large container or pot with water. Attach the sous vide precision cooker and set the temperature to 149°F (65°C). If you’d like to try other temperatures, see recipe notes**.
Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Place the seasoned chicken breasts to a zip-top bag in a single layer.
Seal the bag using the “water displacement” technique: seal all but one corner of the bag, and slowly place it in cold water. Make sure everything below the zip-line is covered by water. Then seal the rest of the bag. (Feel free to use a vacuum sealer if you have one).
Place the bag in the water bath and cook for 1 hour. Make sure the meat is fully submerged while the seams of the bag are above water.
When the timer goes off, remove the chicken from the bag. You can shred or cube your chicken breasts, and they are ready for meal prep, salads, casseroles, etc. Save the juices in the bag for soup.
- Store: place the cooked chicken breasts in an airtight container and store in a refrigerator. They’ll last for 4-5 days. You can also store them in resealable freezer bags in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- *If you use frozen chicken breasts, add 30 more minutes of cooking time in the sous vide water bath.
- **If you’d like to try other doneness, follow the guide below:
|140°F / 60°C
||Very soft, tender and juicy
|149°F / 65°C
||Tender and juicy
|165°F / 74°C
||Traditional tender and slightly chewy
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 1070mg | Potassium: 647mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 51IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg