Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit Copycat Recipe (+VIDEO)
This Mango Dragonfruit Refresher brings your favorite coffee shop drink home! The Starbucks dragon drink copycat recipe gives you all the amazing flavor and beautiful pink color of the store-bought drink at the fraction of the price. It’s a perfectly refreshing fruity drink that takes less than 5 minutes to make with a few ingredients.
Servings 3 high ball glasses
- 1 ¼ teaspoons freeze-dried dragon fruit powder
- 4 cups water (divided, you can also replace with lemonade, which will give you a more fruity flavor.)
- 3/4 cup mango juice
- 4 tablespoons simple syrup (or sugar/ honey, you can adjust the sweetness by using more or less)
- ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons optional green tea (chilled, you can subsitute green coffee extract. This ingredient is mainly to add caffeine to the drink. You can skip it and it won't affect the flavor or color of your drink)
Place a green tea bag in a cup and pour in hot water. Steep the tea for 2 minutes and chill in the refrigerator.
Whisk together dragonfruit powder and 1/2 cup of water until dissolved. It takes a few minutes for the powder to dissolve completely. (It's important to mix the powder with a small amount of water first so it's easier for the powder to dissolve.)
Add the rest of water and mango juice and to a pitcher.
Add in chilled green tea and dragonfruit blend. Mix to combine.
Add simple syrup (or sugar/ honey) to your desired sweetness. Mix well. (Start with small amount, taste and gradually add more.)
Fill each glass halfway with ice and pour the mixture into the glass.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Make sure to chill your green tea until it’s very cold before making the drink.
- If you don’t like the tiny black and white particles from the pitaya powder, strain the mixture through cheesecloth or a coffee filter for a clear look.
- To Make Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade Refresher: Replace water with lemonade.
- To Make Dragon Drink: Replace water with coconut milk.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 434IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg