Sous Vide Zucchini with Parmesan
Tender and flavorful zucchini cooked to absolute perfection. This Sous Vide Zucchini is healthy, nutritious, and is bound to become a summer side dish staple!
- 4 zucchini or yellow summer squash, ends trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Fill a large container or pot with water. Attach the sous vide precision cooker and set the temperature to 185ºF/85ºC.
Clean the zucchini and trim the ends. Then slice them into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
Add them into vacuum seal or zip-top bags, and arrange in single layer. Don't overcrowd the bag and use multiple bags if necessary. I used 3 zip-top bags for this recipe.
Seal the bags with a vacuum sealer if you have one. Otherwise, use the “water displacement” technique: seal all but one corner of the bag and slowly place it in the water bath. Make sure everything below the zip-line is covered by water. Then seal the rest of the bag.
Clip a heavy spoon to the edge of the bag to weigh the bag down. Or use a heavy kitchen item to keep the zucchini completely submerged in the water. (Make sure the seams are above the water).
Cook for 12 minutes. (The cooking time depends on the thickness of your zucchini and your preferred texture. See more information in the post above.)
When the timer goes off, take the bag out and remove the zucchini from the bag.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then top with grated parmesan cheese. Serve warmly and enjoy!
- If your zucchini slices are 1/4-inch thick, and they are arranged in one single layer in the bags, you can leave the zucchini in the sous vide water bath for up to 20 minutes. If it’s longer than that, they can become very mushy.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 446IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 1mg