Easy Java Chip Frappuccino Recipe (+VIDEO)
This copycat recipe for Starbucks’ Java Chip Frappuccino is the real deal! It gives you all the delicious flavor of the store-bought drink at the fraction of the price. Smooth, creamy, and full of chocolate and coffee flavor, this homemade Frappuccino takes less than 5 minutes with a few simple ingredients.
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee chilled (use darker color coffee if you prefer a darker drink)
- 2 cups ice cubes (plus more for serving. use 1 cup ice if you prefer a thinner consistency. For a thicker consistency, you can always add more to the blender later)
- 1 cup milk whole fat for the best results
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips semi-sweet for the regular sweet level. Use dark chocolate chips if you prefer a less sweet drink.
- 4 tablespoons chocolate sauce or chocolate syrup. Plus more for topping
- whipped cream
Prepare your coffee roast (brewed coffee or instant coffee) and let it chill in the refrigerator.
Loosely drizzle chocolate sauce inside of each glass and set aside. You can place the drizzled glasses in the freezer.
Add ice, coffee roast, milk, chocolate sauce, and chocolate chip into a blender.
Secure the lid and start to blend on low speed for about 30 seconds, and then on a max speed for about 20 seconds or until the mixture is evenly smooth. (Taste test your drink, if you'd like to make it thicker, you can add more ice cubes and blend again.)
Pour into individual glasses and top with whipped cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
Serve and enjoy this creamy and delicious coffee drink immediately.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 1mg