Ultimate Crockpot Mississippi Roast
Ultimate Crockpot Mississippi Roast is amazingly juicy and fork-tender! It takes only 10 minutes of prep in the morning and the roast is simmered in a rich and divine sauce all day in the slow cooker. Add some vegetables to the crockpot and you’ll have a perfect weeknight meal with a delicious built-in gravy.
- 3-4 pound chuck roast
- 3/4 packet au jus mix 3/4 oz (You can add the whole packet if you'd like to have a more salty flavor.)
- 1 packet ranch mix 1 oz
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick) Make sure to use unsalted butter, otherwise your roast can be too salty.
- 10 pepperoncini peppers
- optional vegetables such as potatoes and carrots
Place the roast into a 6-quart slow cooker.
Add the au jus mix, ranch mix, butter and peppers around the roast. (If you cook the roast with other vegetables, you need to add them first and then place the beef on top).
Cover the slow cooker. Cook on low setting for 8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours, or until the meat is tender and falling apart.
Remove cover and shred the roast using two forks.
(Optional) To thicken the gravy: Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Then add the leftover liquid to a small saucepan and the cornstarch/water mixture. Cook for a few minutes until the gravy has thickened.
Garnish with optional minced parsley and drizzle with gravy.
- Leftover roast can last up to 4 days in the fridge. It’s best to reheat in a skillet for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- You can freeze leftover roast and store it in a freezer-friendly container. They’ll last for up to 2 months.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 403mg | Potassium: 597mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 242IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 4mg