Easy Crab Balls Recipe
Homemade baked Crab Balls are delicious mini crab cake bites made with high-quality crab meat. This recipe is easy to prepare and makes tasty hors d'oeuvres or can be used as protein in a salad or wrap.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- optional melted butter
In a large bowl add the eggs, mayo, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay seasoning, celery, parsley, and salt. Mix well.
Add the crab meat and panko. Gently fold everything together with a rubber spatula. (Make sure not to shred the crab meat).
Take about 1/4 cup of the mixture and shape it into a ball. Then place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat this process with the rest of the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Brush the balls with optional melted butter.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the balls become lightly browned. Serve with tartar sauce and enjoy!
- The fresh or refrigerated lump crab meat tastes the best. If you need to use canned crab meat, look for the ones in the refrigerated section in the store.
- You can freeze the un-baked crab balls for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake as directed.
- You can also freeze the baked crab balls for 3 months. Warm them up in the oven at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Homemade Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- How to Make Tartar Sauce: Mix all the tartar sauce ingredients above in a mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until you’re ready to serve.
Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 117IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg