Microwave Hot Dogs
Did you know the fastest way to cook a hot dog is in Microwave? Learn how long to microwave a hot dog so that it comes out perfectly every time (and to prevent exploding!)
- 2 hot dogs of choice
- 2 hot dog buns
- 1 tablespoon cold water or broth
Preheat or toast your buns using the microwave, oven or skillet. Keep warm.
Take two large sheets of paper towel and dampen with the cold water or broth.
Wrap the hot dogs loosely in the paper towel and place on a microwave-safe plate.
Place in the microwave and close the door. Microwave on full power for 30 seconds (or 45 seconds for a small microwave or 20 seconds for a powerful microwave).
Open the door and check if the hot dog is heated through, taking care as it may be hot.
Repeat in 20 second intervals until the hot dog is to your liking. Note: jumbo dogs will take considerably more time than standard size dogs.
Place the hot dogs into the warm buns and add your favorite toppings.
Adjust the times above up or down based on a weaker or stronger microwave oven.
- How Long to Microwave a Hot Dog: Times will vary as follows:
- Two hot dogs: 50 seconds total (2 minutes for jumbo dogs)
- Three hot dogs: 1 minute 15 seconds (3 minutes for jumbo dogs)
- Four hot dogs: 1 minute 30 seconds (4 minutes for jumbo dogs)
- Five hot dogs: 2 minutes (5 minutes for jumbo dogs)
- Six hot dogs: 2 minutes 30 seconds (6 minutes for jumbo dogs)