Wontons are bite-sized dumplings that are originally from China. They can be enjoyed fried or boiled and stuffed with a variety of fillings. If you’ve enjoyed wontons at your favorite Chinese restaurant, you’ll be happy to know that they’re easy to make at home too! We’ve collected 13 popular Wonton Recipes for you to try.
What is a Wonton?
A wonton is a dumpling that originated in China. Wontons can be found in many types of Chinese dishes and are popular worldwide.
Popular Wonton Recipes
These wontons are filled with shrimp and cream cheese. Instead of being fried, they’re baked! Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce.
You’ll love the combination of spicy, salty, and creamy flavors in these wontons. They’re baked until crisp, and only take about half an hour to make!
You’ll love the crispy and crunchy texture of these baked wonton chips! Serve them with your favorite dip for a delicious snack or appetizer.
Store-bought wonton wrappers are convenient but there’s nothing like homemade. This recipe walks you through how to make your own wonton wrappers. You’ll only need 4 ingredients!
Make a pot of this comforting soup when the weather is cold. The wontons are bursting with the flavors of shrimp, pork, soy sauce, green onion and ginger.
If you love the flavor of spicy food, give this dish a try! The wontons are perfectly seasoned and are served with a spicy Szechuan sauce.
Enjoy these boiled wontons with a spicy sauce or add them to chicken stock for a comforting bowl of soup! Watch the video for tips on how to expertly fold a wonton.
This is a delicious combination of wonton and egg drop soup! It’s perfectly seasoned and would be ideal for lunch or a light dinner.
Wonton wrappers are also delicious as tacos! This Applebee’s copycat recipe is easy to make and full of delicious flavors. Make a plan to serve it at next week’s Taco Tuesday!
Fried wontons are an irresistible appetizer. They’re crispy and filled with a savory combination of perfectly seasoned ground pork and shrimp. Serve them with a sweet or savory dipping sauce.
Serve these tasty crab wontons to guests the next time you’re hosting a casual get-together. They’re delicious served hot with a sweet & sour dipping sauce.
You’ll love the colors and textures of this vibrant soup! It’s loaded with wontons, thin noodles, mushrooms, bok choy, and corn! It’s hearty, comforting, and ready to enjoy in just 40 minutes.
These cream cheese wontons come out nice and crispy from the air fryer. You’ll only need a few ingredients and they’re ready to eat in just 20 minutes!
Best Wonton Recipe
- 8 oz raw shrimp peeled, deveined and chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 wonton wrappers 2-inch size
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- plum sauce or sweet and sour sauce, for dipping
- Preheat the oven or BBQ to 400F degrees; meanwhile, lightly grease a baking sheet and combine all ingredients, except wontons and egg, in a medium bowl.
- Place wonton wrappers on a work surface. Spoon 1-2 teaspoons into the center of each wrapper.
- Brush or rub the edges of each wrapper with egg. Then fold and pinch together into an X shape.
- Place wontons onto the baking sheet; coat lightly with nonstick spray, and then bake for 11 minutes. Serve and enjoy!