If you’ve tuned into Trisha Yearwood’s cooking show, you know that she loves to make Southern inspired dishes. From her famous mac and cheese to sweet banana pudding, her recipes are easy to pull together and have great flavor!
We’ve collected 10 of the best Trisha Yearwood recipes that are easy to make. Take a look and choose a few to try for yourself!
Best Trisha Yearwood Recipes
Trisha Yearwood Mac and Cheese
Mac and cheese is a favorite dish among kids and adults alike. This crockpot version from Trisha Yearwood is rich, creamy, and easy to make!
Trisha Yearwood’s Meatloaf
You’ll find three different meatloaf recipes here. One made with beef and two made with turkey. All three use basic ingredients you likely have on hand, and come together easily.
Trisha Yearwood’s Broccoli Salad
You’ll love the variety of flavors and textures in this classic broccoli salad. Serve it at your next BBQ or tote it to a pot-luck!
Trisha Yearwood’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
This hearty chicken tortilla soup is healthy and delicious! It’s full of protein-rich black and kidney beans, lean chicken breasts, and spicy salsa and fajita seasoning. Serve it on a busy weeknight when you’re strapped for time!
Trisha Yearwood’s Slow Cooker Chocolate Candy
Holiday gift giving is easier than ever when you make this slow cooker chocolate candy. You’ll need just four ingredients and the slow cooker does all of the heavy lifting. Make a batch and wrap them up as gifts!
Trisha Yearwood’s Sweet Potato Souffle
Make a plan to serve this rich sweet potato souffle at your next holiday meal. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and savory, and is super easy to make!
Trisha Yearwood’s Chocolate Torte
You’ll want to make this impressive multi-layered chocolate cake at your next celebration party! It would be ideal for a milestone birthday or a gathering of friends and family for New Year’s!
Trisha Yearwood’s Sweet and Saltines
Chocolate covered saltine crackers are crunchy, salty, and sweet! This dish would be a great addition to a pot-luck or for a casual gathering with friends.
Trisha Yearwood Creamy Grape Salad Recipe
If you’re craving something creamy and sweet, give this grape salad recipe a try! The grapes are tart and sweet, and they’re smothered in a creamy mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and chopped pecans. You’ll love all of the textures!
Trisha Yearwood’s Banana Pudding Recipe
You’ll want to save room for dessert when homemade banana pudding is on the menu! It’s topped with a delightful meringue and takes just 40 minutes to make!
Best Trisha Yearwood Recipe: Southern Mac and Cheese
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni about 3 cups uncooked (see note)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk see note
- 2 1/2 cups milk whole milk recommended
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 egg yolks optional (see note)
- 18 oz sharp cheddar cheese grated (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika (optional)
- Use a 4-quart or 6-quart crock pot. Add the elbow macaroni (uncooked), evaporated milk, milk, butter, egg yolks, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the grated cheese, reserving the remaining cup for the topping. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese and paprika on top. Then seal the lid and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Remove the lid and taste the pasta to ensure it’s to your liking before serving.
- Macaroni: Use standard-size elbow macaroni from brands such as Barilla or De Cecco. Avoid larger spiral macaroni, which does not cook the same way. If using gluten-free macaroni, reduce cooking time to approximately 2 1/4 hours.
- Evaporated Milk: This is canned milk widely available in supermarkets, and it lends a creamier flavor to the dish. You can use regular or 2%, but avoid skim if possible.
- Eggs: Trisha Yearwood uses eggs, and we’ve adapted that to egg yolks to prevent curdling. If you prefer, you can omit them entirely and still get good results.
- To Make Baked Mac and Cheese in the Oven: You’ll need to boil the macaroni first until al dente. Then spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Add all ingredients in the pan, and bake at 350°F in the oven for about 50 minutes.
Leave a Reply