Tacos are a favorite food among kids and adults. They can be made with meat, fish, veggies, and even eggs. Today we’re sharing 15 popular taco recipes for you to try at home.
From spicy blackened shrimp tacos to Asian-inspired chicken wonton tacos, you’ll find some delicious taco recipes to add to your collection.
A citrus marinade adds zesty flavor to these steak tacos. Serve them with shredded cheese, diced avocado, salsa and sour cream.
Blackened Shrimp Tacos
Smokey Cajun flavors pair up with sweet mango and creamy avocado in these tasty tacos. They have great texture and only take about 20 minutes to make.
Chicken Wonton Tacos
Wonton wrappers take the place of traditional tortillas in this Applebee’s copycat. They’re full of delicious flavors and textures and are ready to enjoy in just 20 minutes.
Easy Chicken Tacos
Serve these tasty chicken tacos at your next game-day party. They’re perfectly seasoned and are ready to serve in about 30 minutes.
Mexican Pork Carnitas Tacos
These Mexican pork carnitas are full of traditional flavors. The pork in this dish can be prepared using a slow cooker, on the stovetop, or in the oven!
Caramelized Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Homemade pineapple salsa makes every bite of these caramelized pork tacos sweet and tangy. They’re ready to eat in just 25 minutes and are perfect for a fun dinner with friends.
Roasted Veggie Tacos
Cauliflower and sweet potato add flavor and texture to these vegan-friendly tacos. They’re a healthy source of fiber and protein and are super easy to make.
Thai Chicken Tacos
If your family loves the flavor of Thai chicken, these tacos are sure to be a hit! They’re savory, sweet, and ready to gobble up in just 35 minutes.
These breakfast tacos would be ideal for a weekend brunch with friends. They’re super easy to pull together and are loaded with good-for-you ingredients.
Serve these delicious salmon tacos at next week’s Taco Tuesday! They’re topped with a creamy slaw that has just the right amount of spice.
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
A crockpot makes easy work of these tasty chicken tacos. You’ll only need a handful of ingredients and once you set it up, the chicken bubbles away until perfectly tender. Serve it with your favorite toppings!
Carne Asada Tacos
Chili powder, cumin, and coriander add the perfect amount of spice to these beef tacos. Serve them warm topped with fresh pico de gallo and sour cream.
Beer Battered Fish Tacos
Your family will give you top marks when they taste these beer battered fish tacos. The fresh coleslaw adds the perfect amount of crunch.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Tacos
Add some spice to your life with these flavorful Jamaican jerk chicken tacos. They’re topped with a sweet and spicy mango salsa that perfectly complements the jerk chicken.
Seared Scallop Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Treat your friends and family to these scrumptious scallop tacos. They have a spicy kick that’s tempered by the sweet pineapple salsa.
Easy Steak Taco Recipe
Steak taco marinade
- 2 tbsp lime juice from 1 lime
- 3 tbsp orange juice from 1 orange
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 jalapeño pepper minced – optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb steak flank steak or skirt steak (see note)
Grilling and assembly
- cooking oil spray
- 8 tortillas corn or flour, 8-inch size
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- guacamole optional, or diced avocado
- queso fresco cheese or Cotija cheese (see note)
- fresh cilantro
- fresh lime wedges
- In a medium bowl, mix together the lime juice, orange juice, cumin, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the steak in the bowl and coat thoroughly with the marinade. Reserve for one hour at room temperature (see note), or refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- In the meantime, preheat the grill to medium heat or 400°F (204°C) and prepare toppings, i.e. dice the tomatoes, dice the red onion and crumble the cheese.
- Spray the grill grates with oil spray.
- Place the steak on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until medium-rare or medium, using an instant-read thermometer to check doneness (130-140°F or 54-60°C).
- Remove steak to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes to preserve juiciness.
- Cut the steak crosswise against the grain into thin 3-inch (8 cm) slices, about ¼ inch or ½ cm. Reserve.
- Please a skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tortilla and heat for 30 seconds until puffy. Remove to a plate for assembly into a steak taco. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
- Add a few slices of steak to the middle of the tortilla, followed by toppings, cheese and cilantro. Repeat for remaining tortillas. Serve and enjoy!
- The best steak for tacos is flank steak or skirt steak (hanger steak), but sirloin steak fajitas and ribeye steak fajitas are also delicious.
- Room temperature steak will cook more evenly for juicier steak.
- You can pan fry the steak in a grill pan or cast iron skillet if you prefer not to use the grill.
- Mexican Cotija cheese is the most authentic, although it can be difficult to find. Queso fresco is another great option, with feta or Monterey Jack as alternatives.
Leave a Reply