Seafood lovers will adore these scallop recipes. There are so many ways to enjoy succulent scallops and we searched high and low for the best recipes to share with you. Here are some of the tastiest and simplest scallop recipes that we know you’re going to love.
Seared to perfection, this classic scallops recipe results in tender, tasty, and succulent scallops. You’ll love the flavor of these restaurant-quality sea scallops and they’re ready to enjoy in just 15 minutes!
Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these lemon butter scallops are absolutely mouthwatering. Follow the steps to make sure this very particular seafood cooks just right.
Bacon and scallops pair together so perfectly. This recipe is great for your next dinner party or your next romantic night in. The best part is that they’re ready in just 30 minutes. It’ll look like you spent all day cooking up a storm for your fancy meal but it’s actually a cinch to prepare. Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with us.
Scallop pasta is a restaurant-worthy dish and you can make it at home in just 20 minutes.
You may think scallops and curry are an odd pairing, but trust us on this one! These spicy coconut curry scallops are out-of-this-world delicious.
Serve these pan-seared scallops over creamy grits with bacon, sautéed onions, and corn for a perfectly balanced and flavorful meal.
You’ve heard of shrimp tacos but have you ever tried scallop tacos? Made with pan-seared scallops and bursting with flavor, these tacos are sure to be a hit in your home.
This dish looks fancy and professional but it’s actually super easy to prep. Seared scallops served with creamed corn and bacon, your family will think you’re secretly studying to be a chef!
Perfect as an appetizer or main, these savory grilled scallops are ready in just 6 minutes! Yes, you read that correctly.
This creamy chowder hits the spot, especially in the colder months. It’s a comforting dish that is bursting with flavor and it’s very simple to prepare, too.
The name of this recipe may seem like it’s too fancy for you, but we promise even a novice chef can pull this one off. It’s impressive and delicious and no one has to know that you didn’t slave away all day long for this one.
It’s so simple and quick to grill scallops and they pair well with almost anything. Be sure to follow this recipe to avoid overcooking them and they will be just right. Serve with lemon salsa verde and voilà!
Honey garlic sauce pairs so well with scallops and it’s so simple to prepare.
Glazed with Thai chili sauce, orange juice, and orange zest, this tasty meal is quick enough to prep on a busy weeknight.
This recipe only takes 30 minutes and the result is so very worth it. Sautéed in a tasty lemon butter sauce with a hint of Parmesan, these scallops are delicious. Serve with steamed vegetables or cauliflower rice for a healthy and hearty meal.
Honey sriracha scallops are coated in a sweet and spicy glaze that is just divine. Every bite is better than the last. You may never eat scallops any other way again.
This creamy pasta dish is always a crowd-pleaser. The whole family will love this mouthwateringly delicious comfort meal loaded with tender scallops.
If you love tartare, this scallop crudo is for you. Thinly sliced raw scallops marinated in a lime, soy sauce, olive oil, and ginger mixture and seasoned with Thai chilies, this appetizer is spectacular and delicious.
Seafood pasta that is loaded with garlic-infused flavor, this quick pasta dish is a weeknight favorite.
Seared to perfection and served alongside creamy avocado sauce, this tasty and zesty meal is ready in just 30 minutes!
Best Scallop Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds sea scallops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter plus 2 tablespoons for the sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced optional
- juice of half a lemon optional
- ¼ cup white wine or chicken or veggie broth optional
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. If necessary, remove the small side muscle from the scallops and discard it. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the oil and butter. When the skillet is hot, add the scallops, spacing them apart so they don’t touch.
- Cook the scallops for 2 minutes without disturbing them. When a golden crust forms on the bottom, reduce the heat to medium-high. Gently flip the scallops to the other side and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the bottoms are golden and the sides are translucent.
- Scallops are ready when they feel firm to the touch. Remove them from the pan after 5 minutes as they will continue to cook a little as they rest. If the scallops are overcooked, they’ll be tough and rubbery.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom. Add the garlic, lemon juice, and white wine or broth. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Serve the scallops topped with the sauce, and enjoy!