Cooked or raw, red cabbage is a healthy, tasty, and versatile veggie that can lend itself to loads of different recipes. Add some flavor and texture to any meal with some crisp red cabbage. Not sure how to prep this vegetable? Read on to discover our favorite red cabbage recipes.
Jackfruit tacos are a vegan alternative that isn’t short on flavor. Toss in some crunchy red cabbage for a tasty and refreshing meal the whole family will love.
Easy Pickled Red Cabbage
Pickled red cabbage is delicious and so easy to make. You’ll love having this tangy topping ready to go.
Red Cabbage Soup
Creamy and hearty, this soul-warming red cabbage soup is fancy enough to serve to guests but also quick enough to prep on a busy weeknight.
Healthy Red Cabbage Slaw
The perfect side dish for a summer barbecue, this sweet, tangy, and crunchy red cabbage slaw is always a hit. The secret ingredient? Spicy jalapenos!
Sweet and Sour German Red Cabbage
A classic German side, this sweet and sour cabbage recipe pairs perfectly alongside sausages or pork dishes.
Corn Tomato Red Cabbage Salad
This salad is loaded with fresh and tasty ingredients like corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, and crisp red cabbage. This is a great salad to make ahead of time or meal prep because it doesn’t soften or get soggy quickly.
Red Cabbage Juice
Looking to add more nutrition to your daily diet? Red cabbage juice is a quick way to hydrate and load up on extra vitamins and nutrients.
Shrimp tacos are always a hit. With succulent shrimp and creamy cilantro lime slaw all wrapped up in a warm tortilla, the whole family will love this recipe.
Potato Red Cabbage Tikki
This healthy meal is loaded with flavor and sure to please your guests. Serve with green chutney and hot tea.
Green Apple Coleslaw Recipe
This coleslaw recipe is easy to make and bursting with fresh flavors. With fruit, cabbage, tart cider vinegar dressing, and a dash of red pepper flakes, this salad is healthy and delicious.
Braised Red Cabbage with Red Onion, Apples, and Balsamic
This make-ahead dish will save you on a busy weeknight. Perfect for food prep, this recipe is delicious and healthy.
Vegan Red Cabbage, Orange, and Walnut Salad
Looking for a vegan recipe that everyone can enjoy? This salad is just the thing. Made with crunchy walnuts, crisp red cabbage, and juicy oranges, this nutritious salad is mouthwateringly delicious.
Jackfruit Tacos with Red Cabbage Recipe
- 2 cans cans jackfruit 20 ouces each can
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
For the tacos:
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 avocado sliced
- shredded red cabbage
- lime wedges
- Drain the brine and rinse the wedges thoroughly.
- Pinch off the hard cores at the tip of each wedge. And then pull apart the rest of the wedge using your hand. (You can discard the cores or cut them into small pieces. Both the cores and seeds are edible).
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add minced garlic and sliced onions. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions start to soften.
- Add shredded jackfruit, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce, honey, and water.
- Stir fry to coat and reduce heat to low-medium. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the rest of the BBQ sauce, and stir fry for about 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened. (Taste test the sauce, add more BBQ sauce and honey if needed)
- Serve them over tortillas together with avocado, shredded red cabbage and cilantro for a complete meal!
- The cooked BBQ jackfruit can last up to 3 days in the fridge. You can eat it cold or reheat in the microwave.
Leave a Reply