Leftover shrimp is perfect for whipping up a quick meal the next day. It can be tricky to reheat shrimp without the texture becoming tough or chewy. Here are some of the best recipes we’ve found to make use of your leftover shrimp for a meal that’s just as delicious as freshly cooked.
Seafood Pasta Salad
With leftover shrimp on hand, this seafood pasta salad is quick and easy to make. Made with a splash of lemon juice and flavored with dill, this fresh and tasty pasta salad is perfect for summer gatherings.
Shrimp Fried Rice
This fried rice recipe is easy to make and oh-so-tasty! Combine your leftover jumbo shrimp with delicious rice, garlic, shallots, carrots, and peas for a quick lunch that’s both hearty and savory!
Shrimp Fried Noodles
This Asian-inspired dish is ready in just 30 minutes and turns your leftover shrimp into fresh in no time. Sautéd noodles tossed with plenty of vegetables and juicy shrimp, this dish is both filling and delicious.
Easy Shrimp Dip
Looking for a quick and simple appetizer? This shrimp dip is it! Combine your leftover shrimp with cream cheese, chili sauce, mayo, green onions, and seasonings for a creamy, delectable dip.
Shrimp and Avocado Salad (Paleo)
Toss your leftover shrimp with freshly sliced avocado and season with this flavorful lime-cumin dressing for a tasty, zesty dish that makes a great low-carb lunch or dinner.
Shrimp Potato Salad
This traditional Ecuadorian meal is also known as ensalada de papas con camarones. With cooked shrimp, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, and mayonnaise, this recipe makes the perfect summer side dish.
Shrimp Scampi Dip
A shrimp dip your guests will love, this recipe only requires a few ingredients and comes together quickly. It’s a great way to make use of leftover shrimp.
Easy Shrimp Ceviche
A light, refreshing meal, this easy shrimp ceviche is simple and delicious. Toss your leftover shrimp together with fresh veggies and creamy avocado, and drizzle with a refreshing dressing. Served over a light salad, this meal is healthy and delicious.
Shrimp Stuffed Avocados (Aguacate Relleno Con Camarones)
If you love a summertime shrimp ceviche, you will adore these shrimp-stuffed avocados. Loaded with juicy shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, a touch of hot sauce, and loads of flavor, this mouthwatering meal is ready in just 15 minutes.
Shrimp Pad Thai
Simple and easy to make, this Shrimp Pad Thai is ready in just 15 minutes. Loaded with flavor and crisp vegetables, this recipe is a great way to make sure your leftover shrimp don’t go to waste.
Shrimp Salad Sandwich
Looking for a quick and easy lunch? This shrimp salad sandwich is perfect. You can use tiny canned shrimp or your own leftover shrimp combined with diced cucumbers, mayonnaise, and spices. Served with a buttery croissant, this meal is quick, simple, and tasty.
Crispy wontons filled with a creamy mixture of tender shrimp and cream cheese, this Shrimp Rangoon recipe is perfect for a quick and simple appetizer.
Easy Leftover Cooked Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound dry pasta macaroni, rotini, spirals, mezze penne etc.
- ½ cup bell pepper red or yellow capsicum, chopped fine
- 1 cup green peas or chopped celery
- 2 cups leftover cooked shrimp
Homemade Italian Dressing (see note)
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin recommended
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise optional for creamy texture
Serving – optional
- 1 green onion chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente according to the package directions. Drain through a sieve or colander, and then rinse with cold water until cool.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the other ingredients. Chop the bell pepper and prepare the seafood. Run hot water over the peas to defrost.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, optional red pepper flakes and optional mayonnaise. Whisk for a minute to combine and form an emulsion.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, seafood and vegetables. Pour the dressing on top and toss until evenly coated. Garnish with lemon juice and green onions. Keep chilled until serving.
Leave a Reply