Easy Jello salad is a fun addition to any get-together. It’s creamy, sweet, colorful, and full of fruity flavors. So quick to make, it’s a perfect last-minute dessert to serve to family and friends for any occasion such as a potluck or summer BBQ.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty Jello salad. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and will be a hit with kids and adults alike!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- cool whip
- strawberry jello
- cottage cheese
(Note: Full recipe is at the bottom of the post)
How to Make Jello Salad
- Spoon the cool whip and the powdered jello into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended and most of the jello dissolves completely into the cool whip.
- Fold in the cottage cheese, strawberries, and bananas, using a spatula. Decorate with more strawberries and serve.
Tips and Tricks
- Let the cool whip thaw properly before mixing.
- It’s best to use whisks so that the powdered strawberry jello can dissolve properly.
- After adding the cottage cheese and fruits, make sure to fold gently with a spatula.
- Store it in the refrigerator before serving.
Best Cool Whip and Jello Ratio
The best ratio we like is 8 portions of cool whip for 3 portions of strawberry jello. This ratio will give you a nice bright pink color and a perfectly sweet and creamy flavor.
You can add more jello for a stronger pink color. Note that the flavor will be sweeter with a more strawberry flavor as well.
How Long Does Jello Salad Last?
This homemade strawberry jello salad can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can I Make Strawberry Jello Salad Ahead of Time?
Yes, we recommend mixing the cool whip and jello ahead of time. Store the mixture in the fridge, and add the fruits and cottage cheese right before serving.
Jello salad is an easy recipe to customize. Here are some ideas on how to switch things up:
- Choose different flavors of jello: How about orange, cherry, or lemon?
- Use other fruits like grapes, blueberries, or mango.
- Add mini marshmallows to make it more fun for the kids!
Perfect Jello Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces cool whip thawed
- 3 ounces strawberry jello
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 6 ounces strawberries cleaned and sliced
- 1 banana sliced
- Spoon the cool whip and the powdered jello into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended and most of the jello dissolves into the cool whip.
- Fold in the cottage cheese, strawberries, and bananas, using a spatula.
- Decorate with more strawberries. Serve and enjoy!
- If you don’t serve jello salad immediately, store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.