Start your day off right with a protein-rich breakfast! We’ve collected 20 of the best High-protein Breakfast Recipes for you to make at home. There’s something for everyone here, from a creamy chocolate protein shake to hearty steak and eggs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Make a batch of egg muffins and store them in the freezer! Grab a couple for breakfast and warm them up in the microwave. They’re made with eggs, bacon, fresh spinach, bell pepper, onions, and shredded cheddar.
Treat yourself to a rich and creamy chocolate protein shake. It’s a delicious combination of vanilla almond milk, chocolate protein powder, real cocoa powder, frozen banana, almond butter, vanilla, and ice.
You’ll be ready to face the day when you fill up on hearty steak and eggs. Add toast, homefries, or sliced tomato for big appetites.
Your family will love the flavor of this Greek yogurt oatmeal. Serve it with sliced banana or your favorite fruits.
These pancakes are made with old-fashioned oats, Greek yogurt, and 3 eggs. They’re loaded with healthy protein and are delicious served with warm maple syrup and fresh berries.
You’ll love the flavors and textures of this chia pudding. It features a delicious blueberry compote and chia pudding made with almond milk, coconut milk, vanila, maple syrup, peanut butter, and chia seeds.
This hearty Italian sausage casserole will keep you full until lunch! It’s loaded with Italian sausage, bread, 3 kinds of cheese, and eggs.
Make this recipe for blueberry pie overnight oats before bed and wake up to a healthy and delicious breakfast! You’ll need old-fashioned oats, Greek yogurt, milk, a sweetener, and blueberries.
These Greek tomato and feta cheese scrambled eggs are bursting with flavor. They’re ready to eat in minutes and are delicious served with toast.
These tender blueberry muffins get a dose of healthy protein from Greek yogurt. Make a batch and pop them in the freezer for an easy grab and go breakfast.
You’ll love the flavor and texture of these black bean and vegetable burritos. They’re also vegetarian-friendly and ready to eat in about 30 minutes.
This savory cheddar oatmeal is topped with a fried egg. It’s loaded with protein and will keep you feeling full for hours!
Make a batch of these no-bake peanut butter energy bites to have on-hand when you’re craving something rich and flavorful. They have great texture and take about 10 minutes to make.
This ham and sweet potato frittata is perfect for a weekend brunch. It’s hearty, full of flavor, and ready to eat in about 30 minutes.
Peanut butter lovers will enjoy the flavor of this peanut butter banana smoothie. It takes 10 minutes to make and features frozen sliced bananas, Greek yogurt, ground flax seeds, almond milk, vanilla, and peanut butter.
These healthy vegetarian burritos are made with sweet potato, black beans, brown rice, and seasonings. They’re perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
You’ll love the flavor of this creamy peanut butter oatmeal. Top it with sliced bananas, fresh berries, crushed nuts, or chocolate chips!
Add a poached egg to your avocado toast for a boost of healthy protein. This simple and delicious breakfast takes just 10 minutes to make.
Smoked salmon gives scrambled eggs a delicious boost of savory flavor in this dish. Just add the smoked salmon to the eggs as they cook and enjoy!
These cottage cheese pancakes are a delicious combination of savory and sweet flavors. Serve them with warm maple syrup and your favorite berries.
High Protein Breakfast Egg Muffins Recipe
- Non-stick cooking spray (It’s important to use non-stick cooking spray, as the regular oil spray won’t prevent eggs from sticking.)
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup cooked bacon crumbled (I use store-bought pre-cooked bacon, but you can cook your own if inclined)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup onions diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use pre-shredded cheddar cheese, you can use your favorite cheese such as mozzarella)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to cook egg muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick oil spray and set aside.
- Wash, dry and dice red bell pepper and onions. Dry spinach and chop it roughly.
- Add cooked bacon, red bell pepper, onions and spinach in each muffin tin, about 2/3 full. (Divide evenly among greased muffin cups.)
- In a large measuring cup, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. (I recommend using a measuring cup for easy pouring.)
- Add in the egg mixture and fill each muffin tin 3/4 full. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- As soon as you take the muffins out from the oven, run a small spatula around the edges of each muffin to loosen.
- Remove them from the muffin tin. Serve warm immediately or freeze for meal prep.
How to freeze egg muffins:
- Let baked egg muffins cool down completely.
- Wrap them in plastic wrap individually and place them in a freezer-safe zip-lock bag. (They’ll last for up to 3 months when stored properly in the freezer.)
- You can also use paper liners instead of cooking spray to prevent the egg muffins from sticking to the muffin tin.