Whether you’re a beginner baker or a pro, we can all use some new ideas for sweet treats to satisfy our cravings. Below you’ll find 20 Fun Things to Bake, especially when you’re bored! These desserts are quick and easy with some requiring only a few ingredients.
What Can You Bake on A Rainy Day?
The question really is, what can’t you bake on a rainy day? Great ideas to start with include banana bread, fudgey chocolate brownies and healthy blueberry muffins. If you’re looking to keep the kids busy, look to recipes like gooey s’mores brownies, mochi chocolate chip cookies or s’mores pie.
What Are Some Fun Desserts to Bake with Friends?
If you’re hanging out with friends, then you’ll want to make something quick that’s good for sharing. Think of a Nutella banana crescent ring, Oreo cheesecake bites or a cherry pull apart pie. These recipes will give you time back to spend with friends.
Easy and Fun Things to Bake
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins: These blueberry muffins are moist, fluffy, and bursting with flavor. You can whip up this healthy snack in a half hour using whole wheat flour, oatmeal and buttermilk.
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies: This recipe combines two favorites in one: peanut butter cups and cookies! They’re chewy, gooey and melt in your mouth! What more could you ask for?
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownies: Fudgey chocolate brownies are perfect for days when you’re craving that extra bit of chocolatey goodness! Crispy on top and soft inside, this treat is totally addicting!
- Moist Vanilla Cupcakes: Who doesn’t love a moist cupcake with homemade icing on top? This recipe is easy to make and great for sharing. Plus, the cupcakes stay fresh for days!
- Best Scones: Ever see delectable scones calling out to you from bakery windows? Now you can skip storebought and make your own at home. They’re buttery and moist, plus easy to customize too!
- Banana Bread: When you’re ready to elevate your banana bread game, look no further than this foolproof recipe. These loaves are flavorful, moist and irresistible!
Fun Things to Bake with Kids
- Strawberry White Chocolate Cheesecake: When you can’t decide between strawberries and chocolate, make this strawberry white chocolate cheesecake! It’s creamy and smooth with a decadent cheesecake taste.
- Puff Pastry Peach Cobbler: Here’s a unique inside-out recipe with a flakey puff pastry cobbler wrapped around a whole peach. Just add a fork, spoon and some vanilla ice cream on the side!
- Gooey S’mores Brownies: Skip the campfire and bake these gooey s’mores brownies in the oven at home. They’re chewy, chocolatey and oh so good! Perfect for get-togethers if you’re nice enough to share!
- Mochi Chocolate Chip Cookies: These Japanese-inspired cookies features soft mochi and chocolate chips for awesome culinary fusion. It will take your love for chocolate chips to a new level.
- S’mores Pie: With chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows, this decadent recipe is classic s’mores in a pie form! People go crazy for it with a scoop of ice cream on the side!
Easy Things to Bake with A Few Ingredients
- Nutella Banana Crescent Ring: Who doesn’t love bananas and chocolate? This Nutella banana crescent ring is a festive dessert with just 5 ingredients. Drizzle chocolate sauce on top for a stunning presentation!
- 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies: Who wants yummy cookies that are actually healthy? This vegan and gluten-free recipe uses only oats, bananas and chocolate chips to make soft cookies that melt in your mouth!
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Biscuits: It’s your perfect peanut butter cookie made easier! They’re crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. Plus, there’s no special equipment needed!
- Cherry Pull Apart Pie: Here’s a twist on cherry pie that’s perfect for sharing and easy to make! It’s a pull apart treat made with just 2 ingredients. People kind of go crazy for it!
Other Fun Things to Bake When Bored
- Apple Pie Nachos: Nachos for dessert? You bet! It’s tortillas covered in an apple pie filling with nuts, caramel and whipped cream on top! This mouthwatering dessert is a total crowdpleaser.
- Oreo Cheesecake Bites: Having a tough time deciding between Oreos or cheesecake for dessert? With this recipe, you won’t have to! These bite-sized treats are creamy and smooth with moist cookie sandwiches underneath!
- Easy Gingerbread Cookies: Gingerbread is one of the best ways to relieve baking boredom! They’re simple to make and so much fun to decorate, whether for the holidays or another occasion. You can even give them away as gifts!
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake: This dessert is super moist and has a burst of tropical flavor! It’s made using pineapples, maraschino cherries and cake mix, but everyone will think you made it from scratch!
- Strawberry Poke Cake: Is there anything more refreshing than strawberries? With this recipe you get a poke cake that’s light and fluffy! Easy to make ahead, just be prepared for this one to go quick!
You May Also Like
20 Fun Things to Bake (Oreo Cheesecake Bites Recipe & More)
- 22 Oreo cookies Chop 6 of them into small pieces
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place cupcake paper liners into muffin tin pan. Add one Oreo cookie into each paper cup. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese and sugar to a medium mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed using a hand mixer.
- Add vanilla and eggs, then mix well until smooth.
- Add sour cream, mix until combined.
- Stir in chopped cookies, and mix with a spatula.
- Spoon the batter on top of the Oreo, filling each to almost the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the edges just start to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling racks. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight. Serve and enjoy!