Fresh cranberries are so versatile that you can include them in many different recipes. From cocktails to pies to sides, cranberries make everything tangier and more delicious.
Here are 16 of our favorite cranberry recipes for you to try.
Cranberry Banana Bread
Warm and comforting banana bread is always delicious but adding in some fresh cranberries can make it even better. For a slightly tart, tangy, and unique twist on your traditional banana bread recipe, give this one a go.
Apple Cranberry Pie
Made with a buttery, flaky crust, this homemade pie filling is irresistible. Simple and easy, this dessert is perfect for any holiday gathering.
Cranberry Citrus Salad With Pecans
Made with Mandarin oranges, fresh cranberries, goat cheese, and crumbled pecans, this salad packs loads of citrus flavor with a delicate crunch. Perfect for your Thanksgiving table, this is one salad the whole family will love.
Fresh Cranberry Cookies
Chewy and soft, these cranberry cookies are covered in a delicate lemon glaze for added tangy sweetness. We guarantee these cookies will fly off the serving dish!
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
There’s nothing as delicious as homemade cranberry sauce to accompany your Thanksgiving turkey. Made with whole, fresh, juicy cranberries, this classic recipe is a holiday must-have.
This lightly sweet and tangy cranberry relish only calls for three simple ingredients. Serve alongside your favorite roast meat and enjoy!
This buttery cake is a festive dessert that is perfect to serve during the holidays. It pairs perfectly with coffee and is always a hit.
This recipe is so easy to whip up and you only need a single bowl! Loaded with fresh flavor and a moist and tender filling, these cranberry muffins never last long.
Sweet and spicy at the same time, this creamy cranberry salsa is the perfect appetizer. Your guests will devour this in no time.
Though cranberry cake is a festive delight, we won’t blame you if you want to make it all year. Whenever you have fresh cranberries on hand, this cake is the best recipe to use them for.
Cranberry chicken is the light, tasty, and simple meal idea you have been searching for. Bursting with flavor and tangy sweetness, this recipe is always a hit, even with picky eaters.
Cranberry Orange Sauce
Give your traditional cranberry sauce a twist with this delectable orange-infused recipe. Only three simple ingredients, this simple sauce beats the store-bought kind any day.
Cranberry Jello Salad
This beautiful concoction is almost too pretty to eat – but we highly recommend that you do! Made with pineapple and raspberry gelatin combined with fresh cranberries, this is best served with a scoop of fluffy whipped cream on top.
Homemade jam has never been simpler. With fresh cranberries on hand, this 4-ingredient spread is a cinch to make.
Cranberries give scones a tart and tangy kick that balanced out the dense texture perfectly. You can use fresh or frozen fruit to ace this recipe. Your guests will adore these with their afternoon coffee or tea.
Combined with sage, this cranberry stuffing is a Thanksgiving recipe your family will love. Unique, flavorful, and delicious, this just might become your new go-to stuffing recipe.
Should Fresh Cranberries Be Washed?
Always rinse cranberries in cold water before consuming. If you are using raw frozen cranberries, thaw them and drain them before use in any recipes. Cooked frozen cranberries can be used straight from the freezer.
Do Cranberries Need To Be Refrigerated?
Yes, they should be refrigerated. At the store or farmer’s market, they are not refrigerated, but like many other fruits, they last longer and retain their flavor and texture better when chilled.
Best Fresh Cranberry Banana Bread Recipe
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup very ripe banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chopped nuts
Optional Vanilla Icing
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream as needed to thin the icing
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the oven rack in the center. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar.
- Add the banana, vanilla, milk, and eggs. Mix well until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing just until moist. Stir in the cranberries and nuts.
- Spread the batter evenly in the loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it from the pan to a cooling rack.
Optional Vanilla Icing:
- Sift the confectioner’s sugar into a large bowl. Add the heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time, mixing after each addition until you have the desired consistency.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and drizzle the icing over the cooled bread.
Leave a Reply