This post may contain affiliate links.
Please read my disclosure policy.
Coffee and a donut go hand-in-hand on weekday mornings. For many of us, it’s part of our daily routine! Whether you prefer your donuts chocolate glazed, fruit-filled, or tossed in cinnamon sugar, there’s a donut flavor for everyone.
Today we’re sharing recipes for 19 classic and unique donut flavors. So, now you can go ahead and make your own sweet donuts at home!
Moist, tender, and perfectly sweet, these cake donuts are baked! The yogurt in the batter adds a pleasant tanginess, and the cinnamon sugar gives every bite a delicate crunch. Enjoy these donuts with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
If you love the flavor of sweet maple, you need to try these donuts! They’re moist, tender, and topped with a sweet glaze that uses real maple syrup. Plan on making these on a Sunday morning for a treat your whole family will love.
These light and buttery vanilla flavored donuts are baked instead of fried! They take about an hour to make from start to finish, and you don’t need any fancy ingredients. Get creative with the icing with food coloring or sprinkles for a pretty presentation!
We love the flavor combination of tender buttery cake donuts topped with rich chocolate glaze. They taste so much better than store-bought donuts and bake up beautifully in the oven! Top them with candy sprinkles or coconut for a hit of color, texture, and flavor.
Oozing with a delicious French vanilla pudding filling, these deep-fried donuts are actually quite easy to make! The recipe uses Pillsbury biscuits and Jello instant pudding, saving you a ton of time. In fact, they’re ready to eat in just 30 minutes!
Fun and Unique Donut Flavors
They say bacon makes everything better, and these donuts are proof! The contrast of sweet maple and savory, salty bacon is delicious. To add even more flavor and crunch, these oven-baked donuts are also topped with crumbled oreo cookies!
Topped with a sweet glaze made with real strawberries, these baked cake-like donuts are ready to enjoy in about 30 minutes. They’d be a gorgeous addition to an Easter celebration meal!
This recipe is for lemon lovers. Both the batter and the glaze feature a real lemon flavor that’s perfectly balanced with creamy Greek yogurt and sugar. To make it even easier, these donuts bake up beautifully in less than 30 minutes.
If you love the texture of sweet chewy treats, you’ve got to try these donuts. Originally from Japan, mochi is a delicious treat made from sticky rice. This donut version is soft, chewy, sticky, and delicious! Give it a try if you’re in the mood for something different.
Perfect to make during blueberry season, these baked donuts are full of plump and juicy berries. They’re deliciously served with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
If you love carrot cake, you’ll definitely enjoy these donuts! They have all of the classic carrot cake flavors, including a cream cheese frosting! They’d be a hit the next time you’re hosting Sunday brunch.
Perfect for Valentine’s Day party, these gorgeous baked donuts are topped with a divine cream cheese icing.
Celebrate spring with these pretty baked donuts. The batter is filled with lime and coconut flavors, and the glaze is deliciously sweet and tart. For a truly impressive presentation, top them with a sprinkling of toasted shredded coconut and grated lime zest.
If you love the flavor combination of chocolate and mint, this recipe is for you. These baked chocolate cake donuts are topped with a rich chocolate glaze and tiny pieces of chopped chocolate mints! They’re special enough to serve to guests at your next dinner party.
Get ready for rave reviews with these baked donuts! Each one features a sliced pineapple ring, guaranteeing juicy pineapple flavor in every bite. This would be an amazing dessert served with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream!
Best Donut Flavors
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg optional
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup milk whole milk recommended
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- crumbled bacon
- crumbled Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 6-cup donut pan with oil or non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and grated nutmeg.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract together. Then pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Spoon or pipe the batter into the prepared donut pan until each cup is 1/3 full. Bake for 10-12 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by adding the powdered sugar, maple syrup and water to a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove donuts from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Then dip the tops into the glaze and sprinkle with crumbled bacon and Oreo.