For years we’ve loved the crescent rolls. Now we’re able to take these rolls to the next level, making quick and easy recipes with refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Get creative and enjoy them from breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Below you will find the 12 best delicious Crescent Roll Recipes that will have you fall in love with crescent rolls all over again.
What is the Difference Between Crescent Rolls and Croissants?
It’s definitely easy to confuse crescent rolls and croissants, especially since both have crescent shapes. The easiest way to tell the difference is that crescent rolls are a bread and rolled into a crescent shape with one single layer of dough. Croissants are a pastry and are rolled after creating many layers of flat dough compacted on top of each other.
What Can I Make with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls?
The possibilities are endless! You can simply bake Pillsbury crescent rolls and eat them as bread with your meal. If you’re looking to be a bit more creative, then you can use the dough to make Crescent Roll Hot Dogs, Crescent Roll Pizza, Breakfast Casserole, Pig in A Blanket, Apple Dumplings, Cinnamon Rolls, etc. You’ll find many creative ideas below.
Are Crescent Rolls Healthy?
Really it can be tough to say that any type of bread is healthy, crescent rolls fall into that same category! They aren’t your healthiest option and one roll contains about 6 grams of fat and 220 mg of sodium. You can feel better about eating them when you find out that they’re vegan.
Crescent Roll Breakfast Recipes
- Easy Crescent Roll Monkey Bread: A holiday favorite to serve up for Christmas morning, or serve it up any day if you’d like to impress your family. Delicious monkey bread topped with pecans and a divine caramel sauce is certainly a recipe to keep around.
- Cheesy Egg Crescent Roll Casserole: It’s a cross between a flaky crescent roll and your favorite French toast recipe. The hearty mixture of eggs, milk, and bacon makes this dish completely satisfying.
- Bacon Quiche Crescent Cups: The perfect option for those Sunday brunches, breakfast potlucks or even breakfast on the go, bacon quiche crescent cups are ready with just 15 minutes of prep. These delicious cups are stuffed with bacon, cream cheese, and white cheese. You will definitely experience ooey-gooey goodness with every bite.
- Breakfast Bacon Crescent Ring: Your new breakfast of choice, this bacon crescent ring is perfect for brunch too! Packed with bacon, eggs, and cheese, you really can’t go wrong here.
Crescent Roll Dinner Recipes
- Crescent Roll Hot Dogs: A fun appetizer that kids and adults alike will love! Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, these crescent dogs are great for any gathering from parties to game days and birthdays! Plus, you only need 3 ingredients: hot dogs, crescent rolls, and egg wash.
- Chicken Crescent Ring: Stop here for a mouthwatering appetizer that is stuffed with shredded chicken, ranch, and mozzarella cheese! All this goodness wrapped in flakey crescent rolls. It’s perfect to serve at potlucks, parties, or gatherings.
- Pizza Stuffed Crescent Rolls: Step your snack game up a notch with these pizza-stuffed crescent rolls. Loaded with mozzarella, cheese, pepperoni, and your choice of dipping sauce. Your kids and their friends will love you for this one!
- Crescent Roll Taco Ring: Perfect for those who are looking to change things up in their dinner game, plus it’s super easy to make. All you have to do is to brown the meat and stuff it in the crescent rolls with some cheese and bake. If you’re really feeling creative, make the ring into a fun shape!
Crescent Roll Dessert Recipes
- Cream Cheese Crescent Ring: If you love cheesecake, you’ll certainly love this cream cheese crescent ring. They’re creamy and flakey, and delicious with a light glaze on top. You can shape this into a festive ring, making it perfect for weekend breakfasts, brunch, and holidays as well!
- Nutella Banana Crescent Ring: Is there anything more mouth-watering than Nutella and bananas? Combined with a flakey pastry ring, this Nutella banana crescent ring is perfect for brunch or get-togethers! Dust it with cinnamon sugar, chocolate, and serve with a side of ice cream.
- Crescent Cinnamon Rolls: Cinnamon rolls with a twist, these crescent cinnamon rolls are the perfect yummy treat in the morning! All it takes is 15 minutes to make these and have them on the table, or even take them on the go!
- Easy Rose Apple Danish: With a gorgeous apple rose center, this easy rose apple danish is the perfect on-the-go snack. Filled with apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, and powdered sugar, you may just have a tough time sharing these ones.
How to Make Crescent Dough from Scratch?
If you have a little bit of extra time on your hands and really want to get into the baking mode, try making crescent dough from scratch. There are just a few simple steps and only require about 15 minutes of cooking time.
Start with dissolving the yeast in warm water. Then stir in sugar, salt, eggs, butter, and flour, and then beat until smooth, let rise, shape, and bake! The best part about this is, you made it from scratch – you’ll really be able to taste the difference too!
12 Best Crescent Roll Recipes (Crescent Roll Hot Dogs Recipe & More)
- 6 medium hot dogs
- 8 oz can Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut each hot dog in half. Then push a skewer through the center of each hot dog piece.
- Slit each hot dog piece in a spiral pattern down the length of the skewer.
- Then pull the hot dog down to make the slit into a 3/4-inch gap.
- Break off some crescent roll dough and roll into a strip about 1/2-inch wide.
- Wrap it around the hot dogs to fill the gaps on each skewer.
- Place the wrapped hot dogs on the baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!