Cream pies are rich, smooth, and delicious. It’s a delicious dessert and a welcome addition to get-togethers with family and friends. We’ve collected 17 of the best easy Cream Pie Recipes for you to try.
From old fashioned favorites like Boston cream pie to an unusual no bake ice-cream pie, there are lots of sweet cream pies to enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
What is A Cream Pie?
A cream pie is any type of pie that has a cream-based filling. The filling can be made with a variety of ingredients including custard, pudding, ice cream, whipped cream, banana, coconut, and more. Some cream pies are topped with sweet whipped cream.
Is Custard Pie the Same as Cream Pie?
No, they are different types of pies. Custard pie is usually made of milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and other flavoring ingredients combined with a pie crust. While cream pie usually contains cooked custard poured into a precooked crust.
Tips for Making the Best Cream Pie
- Most cream pie recipes can be made 2-3 days ahead. Serve them chilled for a super flavorful dessert.
- You can use different pie crusts for your cream pie. Some popular choices include store-bought or homemade pie crust, graham crackers, or cookie crust.
- You can add a tablespoon less cornstarch to the filling for a softer texture.
Best Old Fashioned Cream Pie Recipes
Make a batch of chewy oatmeal cookies and then sandwich them with a sweet and creamy filling! Your kids will love them, and they’re perfect as a sweet and indulgent treat.
Chocolate lovers will appreciate the rich chocolate flavor of this creamy pie. It features a crunchy Oreo cookie crust and decadent chocolate pudding filling.
This vanilla flavored cream pie is buttery, creamy with sweet meringue. It’s easy to put together for an incredibly delicious dessert.
Make a plan to serve this tasty pineapple cream pie the next time you’re having friends over for a casual get-together! It’s easy to prepare and you’ll love the tropical flavors.
Unique Cream Pie Recipes
This easy ice cream pie is better than anything you’ve had at a restaurant. It can be made with an Oreo cookie or graham cracker crust, and you get to choose the ice cream! Top it with a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce.
A graham cracker crust is filled with a sweet cream cheese layer and is then topped with a mound of fresh strawberries. If that sounds delicious to you, you need to try this amazing strawberry cream cheese pie!
Raisin lovers will enjoy this sweet pie. It’s easy to make and has a wonderful texture. Serve it with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream!
This no-bake blueberry cream cheese pie is one of the best desserts you’ll make! It comes together easily and is the perfect sweet ending to a fun meal with family and friends.
This is a creamier version of your traditional pumpkin pie. Made with homemade whipped cream filling, it’s creamy, sweet, and fluffy. Perfect for a holiday party!
Other Easy Cream Pie Recipes
If you love custard filled pies, this is the recipe for you. It features a creamy custard filling that’s topped with a mixture of melted butter and sweet cinnamon sugar!
This easy no-bake cream cheese pie takes just 10 minutes of prep time and is then refrigerated until firm. Serve it to your family as a treat, or add it to the dessert table when you’re hosting a group of friends!
This classic lemon cream pie is rich, smooth, and fluffy. It’s a perfect dessert for a spring party. The texture is creamy and light, with a tangy but sweet lemon flavor. So good and you won’t be able to resist!
Fluffy, tart, and sweet, this key lime cream pie is incredibly easy to make. It’s a no-bake pie that’s sure to be a family favorite.
Make it for a spring or summer party, and your guest won’t be able to stop at just one slice!
You May Also Like
- Best Pie Recipes That Are Easy to Make at Home
- Best Fruit Pies (Easy Recipes)
- Easy No Bake Pies For You to Try
- Best Graham Cracker Crust Pies
Best Cream Pie Recipe (Easy Pineapple Cream Pie and More)
- 1 can crushed pineapple (I use Dole crushed pineapple) 20 oz
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix 3.4 oz
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 graham cracker crust 9 inch
- 1 can pineapple rings 8 ounce
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups whipped cream or cool whip for topping
- 4 maraschino cherries optional for decor
- In a large bowl, add crushed pineapple, its juice, pudding mix, and sour cream, mixing until combined.
- Pour mixture into graham cracker pie crust.
- Freeze the pie for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Decorate with shredded coconut, pineapple rings, and optional cherries.
- Add whipped cream around the edge and on top of pineapple rings.
- Slice and serve cold.
- Store leftover pineapple pie in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.