Classic Southern cornbread is the perfect side dish. It pairs well with fried chicken or fish, saucy grilled ribs, and healthy greens. We’ve rounded up 16 popular cornbread recipes, from a hearty cornbread casserole to a sweet strawberry cornmeal cake with a buttermilk glaze, you’ll get inspired.
There’s nothing better than a warm slice of creamy cornbread. Creamed corn makes this cornbread extra moist and flavorful.
Serve this Southern cornbread dressing at your next holiday gathering. It pairs well with roasted turkey and is incredibly easy to make!
These fried cornbread cakes are a nice change from regular pancakes. They have great texture and are delicious topped with fresh fruit, warm maple syrup, and butter.
Corn muffin mix and two kinds of canned corn make this cornbread casserole a breeze to make. Serve it alongside fried chicken for a meal your family will love.
This Jiffy cornbread is ready to serve in just 30 minutes! It’s the perfect side dish to serve on those busy weeknights.
Cheesy, spicy, and slightly sweet are the best ways to describe this tasty Mexican cornbread. It comes together easily and is delicious served with meat and fish.
Canned pumpkin makes this cornbread deliciously moist. It’s flavored with warm spices and is served with a sweet cinnamon honey butter.
Sour cream adds moisture and a hint of tanginess to these mini cornbread puddings. They’re ready to enjoy in just 35 minutes and are delicious served alongside fried chicken.
These tender cornbread muffins bake up light and fluffy. Serve them buttered alongside your favorite chili recipe!
Perfectly seasoned ground beef topped with tender cornbread makes this an ideal meal for busy weeknights. All you need to add is a fresh side salad for a hearty meal!
If you have some leftover pulled pork on hand, try this amazing pulled pork stuffed cornbread. It’s easy to prepare and just needs a steamed green veggie to make it a complete meal!
Serve these savory cheddar garlic cornbread biscuits at your next weekend brunch! They’re delicious with omelets, sausage, and bacon!
This cheesy sausage cornbread quiche is hearty enough to serve for dinner! Add a fresh garden salad for a complete meal!
Cornbread adds a wonderful texture to this sweet strawberry cake. Serve it warm with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream.
Cornbread comes together with pinto beans, corn, fresh veggies, shredded cheddar and ranch dressing to make this delicious cornbread salad. Serve it at your next barbeque!
You’ll love the flavors of this cornbread loaf. It’s studded with spicy jalapeño, smoky bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese.
Easy Cornbread Recipe
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups canned creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Place your oven rack in the middle, then heat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 9” x 13” pan and set it aside.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, corn, sour cream, milk, and eggs in a large bowl and whisk everything together until combined.
- Add the cornmeal to the butter and mix everything with a wooden spoon. The consistency should be similar to that of pancake batter. If it’s too thin, add more flour until the mixture thickens a little more.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and place it in the oven. Reduce heat to 375°F immediately and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. (It may remain moist in the middle, which is perfectly fine.)
- Take the pan out of the oven when ready. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.