We’ve collected 22 popular chicken casserole recipes – from classic chicken pot pie to a creamy chicken spaghetti casserole, you’re sure to find a few recipes you’ll want to try!
Chicken is one of the most popular choices for dinner. When it’s combined with other ingredients in a casserole it’s even better! Whether you’re feeding a crowd or preparing a weeknight meal for your family, the chicken casserole is a smart solution.
Best Chicken Casserole Recipes
Looking for something a bit more ethnic for dinner? Then try this chicken fajita casserole! Filled with onions, bell peppers, cheese, and fajita seasonings. It’s the perfect option when you’re looking for something low carb too!!
A quick pasta dish? Yes, please! This chicken pasta casserole is made with just 4 ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes. It’s flavorful, comforting, and so easy to make.
A classic soup made into a casserole! This may just become your new favorite way to eat chicken noodle soup! All you need is a few simple ingredients like egg noodles, vegetables, and chicken! Combine them with a creamy sauce and add a Ritz cracker topping and you’ll be in Heaven.
Mexican chicken casserole has a star ingredient – the sauce! It’s made with sour cream, green chili, and cheese. Be sure not to skimp on the cheese – that’s exactly what will make the dish extra flavorful here.
This chicken stuffing casserole couldn’t be easier! It’s made with chicken breasts, canned cream of mushroom soup, and boxed stuffing. Serve it with your favorite green veggie and you’ll have dinner on the table in under an hour!
Ritz crackers and poppy seeds come together to create an irresistible crunchy topping for this creamy chicken dish. It bakes up beautifully and is ready to enjoy in just 45 minutes!
Perfectly combining both chicken and rice, this casserole dish is nothing short of hearty! It’s cheesy, comforting, and only takes 20 minutes to prepare.
This tasty chicken enchilada casserole is loaded with protein-rich chicken and beans. Serve it with sides of sour cream and diced avocado.
This creamy chicken casserole has loads of bacon, mushrooms, and cheese in every bite! The chicken is cooked in cream of chicken soup sauce, making it so creamy and flavorful.
Your family will be enjoying this delicious chicken pot pie casserole in less than an hour! It’s super easy to make and you’ll love how delicious it tastes.
If your family loves pasta, give this recipe a try! The chicken is baked with a combination of spaghetti, veggies, cream of mushroom soup and two kinds of cheese! It’s creamy, rich, and super comforting.
Your family will love the flavors of this cheesy chicken broccoli rice casserole. It’s hearty, comforting, and ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes!
Make this loaded baked chicken potato casserole the next time you’re craving a comforting meal. It’s full of delicious flavors and is easy to make! Serve it for a Sunday dinner with your family.
This creamy chicken casserole is full of the flavors you love – chicken, ranch dressing, cheese, and bacon! It’s topped with crushed Ritz crackers for delicious flavor and crunch.
You’ll need a handful of basic ingredients to make this tasty casserole. Grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to make it extra easy. You’ll have dinner on the table in about 35 minutes – perfect for a weeknight meal!
Enjoy the flavors of chicken parmesan, all in one dish! This dish is impressive enough to serve to guests. All you need to add is a crisp side salad.
Enjoy the delicious flavors of chicken Alfredo in a casserole! It’s rich, creamy, and full of shredded mozzarella cheese. Serve it with a side of buttery garlic bread.
You’ll need just a handful of ingredients to make this comforting chicken bacon ranch casserole. It’s on the table in 45 minutes and would be delicious served with a crisp garden salad.
Your kids will love the flavors of this fun chicken tater tot casserole, and you’ll appreciate how easy it is to make. Serve it with a side of steamed broccoli for a complete meal!
If you have leftover chicken or turkey on hand, give this recipe a try! It’s made with canned cream soup, cooked chicken, stuffing mix, and shredded cheese! You’ll need just 15 minutes of prep time and it bakes up beautifully in 30 minutes.
Wild rice adds a wonderful texture to this hearty chicken casserole. It’s impressive enough to serve to guests, and is super easy to make!
A rotisserie chicken makes easy work of this chicken cordon bleu casserole. The cheese sauce has a touch of dijon flavor and it’s topped with crispy panko breadcrumbs.
Easy Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts split lengthwise, or chicken thigh (see note)
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow or green capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 large yellow onion or two medium onions (or white onion)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz Jack cheese shredded, or cheddar or Havarti (2 cups)
- fresh cilantro optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) with the rack in the lower middle position. Turn on the convection/forced air if available.
- Grease a 9×13” baking dish with oil and set aside. Arrange the split chicken breasts in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Drizzle oil on top and sprinkle on half the fajita seasoning.
- Add the sliced onions and bell peppers on top of the chicken. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning on top.
- Top with the shredded cheese and then place the casserole in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (check by inserting an instant-read thermometer into the middle of a large piece.)
- Garnish with optional cilantro and serve warm.
- Fajita Seasoning: You’ll need 2 tablespoons of seasoning if using storebought or a premade mix.
- Baking Time: Will be up to 5 minutes faster with convection turned on and using a glass or ceramic dish.
- Spicy: To make it spicy, add up to 1 teaspoon of cayenne to the seasonings and/or 1 sliced jalapeño along with the peppers.
- Make Ahead Tips: You can also make it ahead in the morning, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one day before baking (add 10 minutes to baking time in this case). After baking, cool completely, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days. You can also freeze individual portions in airtight containers for up to 3 months.