Campfire Orange Cakes are ultra-moist and melt-in-your-mouth! This recipe is one of my favorite dessert options for campfire and grilling. If you want a new dessert to make outdoors, look no further than these Campfire Orange Cakes…
The beautiful presentation of these Campfire Orange Cakes will brighten up everyone’s day, and it’s unique. Make this amazing dessert and your family and friends will ask for it again and again…
This recipe is extremely versatile. You can replace the regular cake mix with brownie mix or Funfetti cake mix. It’s delicious enough to serve on its own, although feel free to add whipped cream or ice cream.
How To Make Campfire Orange Cakes
It’s a really simple recipe: cake batter + orange! The cake batter is infused with orange essence while being bake, make it extra moist. So good!
Start by slicing off the tops of some large oranges and scooping out the insides of the orange with a spoon. For this recipe, we only need the shell from the oranges. So you can make some freshly squeezed orange juice with the inside. It goes well with the cake.
Make your own cake batter or use a cake mix. Add the cake batter into the orange, 2/3 full. Add the top of the orange back and wrap each orange in foil.
Now it’s ready to go into a campfire, grill or oven to bake (350 F). They take about 25-30 minutes to cook through. Serve and enjoy!
Watch How To Make Campfire Orange Cakes
Campfire Orange Cakes
- 15 ounce white cake mix
- Ingredients called for in cake mix e.g. water, oil and eggs
- 6 large oranges
- Whipped Cream optional
- sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Set aside a large baking sheet.
- Slice off top quarter of oranges. Remove insides of oranges. Save the inside for orange juice.
- In a medium bowl, prepare cake batter according to instructions on the box.
- Add the cake batter in a zip-loc bag, and cut a corner off. Pipe batter into hollowed oranges until 2/3 full. Put back the top piece of each orange.
- Wrap each orange in aluminum foil and place top-up in pan. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and unwrap aluminum foil. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Using a sharp knife, slice under tops and set aside.