This post may contain affiliate links.
Please read my disclosure policy.
Celebrate the upcoming birth of a baby with a colorful cake or cupcakes! We’ve collected 13 of the best baby shower cakes that will make your baby shower unforgettable.
Whether you’re hosting a baby shower or gathering with friends at a potluck, this collection of baby shower cakes will provide you with inspiration.
Best Baby Shower Cakes for Girls
You’ll love the flavor of this moist layer cake filled with zesty lemon curd filling. Decorate the cake with colorful candies or crushed cookies to make it more festive!
The mom-to-be will be delighted with this fun baby shower cake. It’s shaped just like a baby bump and filled with colored cake batter and candies that are perfect for a gender reveal!
This Snowy Mountain Baby Shower Cake is ideal for a baby shower or any other special occasion celebration! The chocolate cake is covered in a sweet vanilla frosting that’s coated with grated coconut. Your guests will love it.
The frosting on this pretty cake is decorated to look like rosettes! It’s filled with sweet strawberry jam and coated with crumbs before it’s frosted. Follow the step by step tutorial for gorgeous results!
This elegant snowball cake is made with basic ingredients you likely have on hand. The cake is crowned with snowball cookies for an impressive and beautiful presentation.
You can’t go wrong with this easy buttercream frosting. It’s made with just 4 ingredients, including a box of instant pudding mix! Use it to frost your favorite cupcakes or cakes!
Surprise the mom-to-be at the baby shower with these colorful pink baby girl cupcakes. The cakes are tender and moist, and the frosting is smooth, sweet, and the perfect shade of pink!
Baby Shower Cake Ideas for Boys
This super cute cake is perfect for a baby shower! It comes together easily with boxed cake mix and homemade frosting that can be colored to suit the gender.
The batter of this moist cake is a vibrant shade of blue but you can also choose pink for a baby girl! The cake bakes up deliciously moist and tender.
This recipe takes you through all the steps on how to create super cute fondant elephants! Use them to top a baby shower cake or a kid’s birthday cake!
The mom-to-be and the baby shower guests will love the cute design of this cake. It’s topped with a baby tucked under a blanket! Choose an icing color to suit the occasion and enjoy the party!
The baby stroller that tops this pretty cake is made with fondant. Just follow the steps in the recipe to assemble the cake. You’ll love the results!
This recipe for chocolate cupcakes makes 36 – perfect for a baby shower! Frost the cupcakes with the Italian meringue buttercream frosting included in the recipe.
Perfect Baby Shower Cake Recipe
For the Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups champagne room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 4 drops red food coloring or more if preferred
- pink sprinkles and edible pearls
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup champagne room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the cake pans with cooking spray and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the champagne and cake mix. Then, using an electric mixer, beat in the vegetable oil, egg whites, and food coloring. Beat the mixture on medium speed for two minutes to fully mix the batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased cake pans. Bake for 29-34 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting them onto a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the champagne, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and food coloring. Beat the frosting until it has a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Spread a layer of frosting between the cake layers. Then, cover the sides and top of the cakes with the remaining frosting. Decorate with sprinkles and edible pearls.