Are grapes low in carbs? Are you allowed to eat them on keto? Once you get the keto diet rules down pat, it’s easy to eat well and maintain your diet. If you’re new to it, you may still be wondering which foods can and can’t be consumed on a keto diet.
Sweet and delicious, grapes are a nutritious snack that taste great in salads, with cheese, or even alone.
On keto, you do have to restrict both carbs and sugar. Fruits contain lots of healthy vitamins and nutrients but they may also contain sugar. Read on to find out if grapes are keto-friendly.
Are Grapes Keto?
Though tasty and delicious, grapes are not keto-friendly. They are high in carbs and can kick you out of ketosis pretty quickly. Even the smallest serving size can increase your macro count too much.
How Many Net Carbs In Grapes?
One cup of grapes (about 150g) contains 27g of carbs and only 1 g of fiber, according to the USDA. This makes for a net carb total of 26g. Your daily carb intake should range from 20g to 50g of carbs maximum to remain in a state of ketosis.
Grapes Nutrition (Grapes Macros)
How Many Carbs In Grapes?
There are about 27g of carbs in 150 grams of grapes according to the USDA.
Grapes are naturally very low in fat with only 1g of fat per serving.
Grapes are not a significant source of protein. They contain about 1g of protein per serving. They typically pair well with protein-rich foods like nuts or cheese for a filling snack.
There are about 104 calories per cup of grapes. Most of the calories come from the natural sugars within the grapes.
Carbs in Red Grapes
Red grapes have 27g of carbs per cup (150g).
Carbs in Green Grapes
Red grapes and green grapes differ in taste, but their carb count is the same, 27g per cup.
Keto Grapes Substitutes (Fruits You Can Eat on A Keto Diet)
Not all fruits are keto-friendly, but there are plenty of alternatives to grapes that you can safely enjoy. Here are a few choices with similar tastes and textures to grapes:
- Strawberries: There are 11g of carbs and 8g of net carbs per cup. As a snack, topped with whipped cream, or in smoothies and cereal, strawberries make a delicious keto-friendly snack.
- Blackberries: There are only 6g of net carbs per cup of blackberries. They make a great snack or topping.
- Raspberries: There are just 7g of net carbs per cup of raspberries. They pair well with salads, and desserts, and are delicious as a snack, too.
How Many Carbs in One Grape?
A single grape (about 7g) contains a little more than 1g of carbs.
How Many Grapes Can I Have on Keto?
Though healthy and nutritious, there are too many carbs and too much sugar in grapes to make them keto-friendly.
If you really want to add them to your diet, you can add 3 or 4 grapes into a salad, cut in pieces to enjoy the flavor. Three grapes have about 4g of net carbs.
Are Raisins Low Carb?
Raisins are dried grapes, so they are not keto-friendly either. They have the same high sugar levels grapes do.
How Many Carbs Are in 10 Seedless Grapes?
There are 8.9 g of total carbs on 10 grapes, according to USDA.
How Many Carbs Are in a 1/2 Cup of Grapes?
A half cup of grapes (about 75g) contains 14g of carbs. Even a small portion like this contains too much sugar and too many carbs to keep your body in ketosis.
You May Also Like
- Are Apples Keto and Carbs in Apples
- Are Dates Keto and Carbs in Dates
- Are Sweet Potatoes Keto and Carbs in Sweet Potatoes
Best Keto Grapes and Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 1/4 cup red grapes halved
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 sliced almond sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chicken, grapes, and celery in a large bowl and mix until combined. Add the mayonnaise and mix again.
- Enjoy immediately or chill covered in the fridge for two hours for a more refreshing taste.
Leave a Reply