Acorn squash is one of the most popular vegetables to cook during the fall. It pairs well with fruit and other veggies, as well as with meat and fish.
If you’re looking for some ideas on how to prepare acorn squash, this list of 13 popular acorn squash recipes will help. You’ll find classics like stuffed acorn squash, a creamy acorn squash soup, and even a grilled acorn squash salad.
Easy Microwave Acorn Squash
Acorn squash prepared in the microwave is a real time saver. It has all of the flavors you love, and takes just a few minutes to prepare. This recipe features the sweet flavors of brown sugar and maple syrup.
Stuffed Acorn Squash
This mouthwatering acorn squash is stuffed with a delicious combination of celery, apples, dried cranberries, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and seasonings. Serve it alongside roasted chicken or pork.
Roasted Acorn Squash
Parmesan cheese adds flavor and texture to this roasted acorn squash. It’s easy to prepare and takes just 30 minutes to make.
Grilled Acorn Squash Salad
Grilling the acorn squash adds a delicious caramelized flavor. This salad is loaded with peppery arugula, tart dried cranberries, and creamy goat cheese. Serve it at your next barbeque!
Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Brown Sugar Roasted Acorn Squash
Serve this impressive roasted acorn squash dish the next time you’re hosting a party! Your guests will love the delicious combination of flavors and textures.
Instant Pot Stuffed Acorn Squash
An Instant Pot makes easy work of this stuffed acorn squash dish. The squash is loaded with wild rice, mushrooms, shallots, chickpeas, dried cranberries and toasted nuts. This dish is also both vegetarian and vegan-friendly.
Acorn Squash Stuffed with Curried Beef
Acorn squash is stuffed with flavorful curried beef in this dish. It takes just 50 minutes to make and would be delicious served with steamed rice or a crisp garden salad.
Roasted Acorn Squash with Brown Butter
Serve this sweet and savory roasted acorn squash with your favorite chicken or pork dish! It’s seasoned with warm spices and is ready to enjoy in less than an hour.
Acorn Squash Soup
Your family will want seconds of this rich acorn squash soup. It has a hint of savory, sage and nutmeg and a touch of honey for sweetness. Serve it with slices of crusty bread for dipping!
Acorn Squash with Walnuts & Cranberry
Crunchy walnuts, tart cranberries, and brown sugar bring flavor and texture to this baked acorn squash dish. Serve it with roast pork for a delicious Sunday dinner.
Sweet Potato, Squash and Kale Buddha Bowl
Serve this hearty buddha bowl for next week’s Meatless Monday! It’s loaded with healthy protein and fiber and is also both vegetarian and vegan-friendly.
Brown Sugar and Pineapple Roasted Acorn Squash
Crushed pineapple adds delicious flavor to this roasted acorn squash dish. It’s seasoned with cinnamon and chili powder and topped with pomegranate seeds for a pop of color and texture.
How To Cook Acorn Squash
If you’re new to cooking acorn squash, this recipe walks you through the steps. All you need is a medium acorn squash, olive oil, salt, and pepper!
Easy Microwave Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt
Cut the acorn squash
- Clean the acorn squash and place it in the microwave. Microwave for 1 minute so that it’s easier to cut.
- Stabilize the squash on a cutting board, and cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise.
- Scrape out the seeds and stringy bits inside using a metal spoon.
Microwave the acorn squash
- Place the squash cut-side down onto a microwave-safe dish. Add water.
- Microwave for about 5 minutes on full power until the squash is tender. (Note: times may vary by microwave strength, so add extra time for tabletop microwaves, and reduce time for powerful microwaves.)
- Using oven mitts to prevent burns, carefully remove the squash from the microwave. Turn the cut side up in the same dish.
- Add brown sugar, butter, maple syrup, and salt into the hollow. Microwave for about 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is fully melted and bubbly. Serve hot as a side dish and enjoy!
- Select high-quality acorn squash for this recipe.
- To make it easier to cut the acorn squash, it’s better to microwave it for 1 minute first.
- Season with butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and salt for the best flavor.
Leave a Reply