If chicken is a family favorite on your dinner table, try something different with these Asian Chicken Recipes. They’re better than take-out and super easy to make!
From sticky Asian glazed chicken to crunchy chicken chop suey, we’ve collected 27 of the best Asian chicken recipes for you to make at home.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This popular Asian chicken combines crispy chicken with chunks of onion, bell pepper and pineapple in a sticky homemade sauce. Serve it in rice bowls for a quick weeknight dinner. So much better than takeout!
Teriyaki chicken is a quick and easy Japanese dinner that can be made within 15 minutes. Tender chicken is tossed with sweet, savoury, and garlicky teriyaki sauce and then served with rice and steamed broccoli. No marinating needed! It’s better than takeout from your favorite Asian restaurant!
If Kung Pao chicken is one of your go-to dishes when you order Chinese food, why not make it at home? It’s easier than you think, and is better than any you’ve had at a restaurant.
This is a quick stir-fry with juicy chunks of chicken and pineapple in a tangy sauce. Make this easy pineapple chicken recipe in just 20 minutes for a weeknight dinner the whole family will love. So much better than takeout!
Chinese orange chicken is made with crispy fried chicken coated in a sticky orange chicken sauce. Just like Panda Express but even better!
Sweet and savory, this easy and crispy Chinese chicken dish that’s sweet and savory, balanced with tangy flavor. It’s a perfect weeknight meal as Chinese lemon chicken can be ready in under 30 minutes, so much better than takeout.
This pad thai is a favorite Thai noodle dish that’s sweet and nutty, balanced with salty and spicy accents. Chicken Pad Thai is the perfect meal for a weekday dinner that comes together in less than 20 minutes.
This easy lo mein will become one of your go-to recipes for stir-fried noodles. It’s so much better than takeout and only takes 20 minutes to prepare for a quick weeknight dinner!
This mushroom chicken is a delicious Chinese chicken and vegetable stir-fry recipe with a mouthwatering moo goo gai pan sauce. I will share with you easy restaurant techniques for making the most tender and flavorful chicken for stir-fry. This recipe is healthy, keto-friendly and low in calories.
This stir fry dish has tender chicken and vegetables in a delicious sauce. This chicken stir fry recipe will be on your table in 20 minutes for a healthy weeknight dinner that’s easy to make!
This is an easy Chinese chicken recipe with general tso’s sauce cooked in 20 minutes! Crispy and tender chicken thighs coated in a homemade sticky tangy stir-fry sauce, totally irresistible.
This chow mein is an easy one pan meal that comes together in 20 minutes and is loaded with juicy chicken, flavorful vegetables and fried noodles. So skip the takeout and make this restaurant-quality dish for a quick weeknight dinner the whole family will love.
This chicken dish has tender chunks of chicken coated in a sweet and sticky sauce. Common in Cajun-themed Chinese restaurants, you can easily make this dish at home in 20 minutes. Faster than takeout!
This is a delicious Chinese dish with the perfect combination of spicy, salty and sweet flavors. This easy Szechuan style chicken recipe tastes like your favorite Chinese takeout and is ready in less time. The best part, you can control the spiciness to make it mild or EXTRA HOT!
This is a spicy stir-fry dish with sliced chicken breast and mixed vegetables in a delicious Hunan sauce. Spicy chili bean paste lends a wonderful salty and spicy flavor to this easy recipe that rivals authentic Chinese takeout!
This fried rice is loaded with chicken, eggs, rice, peas, green beans, onion, corn and carrots. It’s ready in under 20 Minutes.
These braised chicken feet are cooked long and slow in a rich sauce – so tender and flavorful! This healthy recipe rivals what you would find in the best Chinese Dim Sum restaurant. The best part? No deep-frying required!
This Japanese stir fried noodle dish is a delicious combination of tender chicken, crisp veggies, perfectly cooked soba noodles, and seasonings. It takes just 30 minutes to make and is the perfect one-dish meal!
Serve this sweet and savory cashew chicken on a bed of steamed rice or alongside your favorite noodles! It’s better than take-out and is ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes.
Your family will love the flavor of this classic Mongolian chicken dish. Serve it with fried rice and steamed broccoli for a hearty and delicious meal!
You’ll need just 20 minutes to make this sweet and sticky glazed chicken. Use chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs and serve it on a bed of fluffy steamed rice.
When you taste how delicious this crispy sesame chicken is, you’ll never want to order take-out again! It’s incredibly easy to make and is ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes.
Make this simple chop suey dish when you’re pressed for time. It’s loaded with chicken and fresh veggies, and would be perfect served with steamed rice or noodles.
Chicken and broccoli is a favorite dish at Chinese restaurants. This homemade version is just as tasty! Serve it over steamed rice for a hearty and delicious meal.
Serve this savory miso chicken stir-fry to your family on a busy weeknight. It’s super easy to make and is ready to enjoy in just 35 minutes.
Your guests will gobble up these crunchy chicken morsels! Serve them as an appetizer along with the sauce included in the recipe.
Make this delicious chicken dish the next time you’re craving noodles! It’s loaded with a delicious combination of seasoned chicken, rice noodles, and veggies.
Easy Asian Chicken Recipe: Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces, or chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon oil canola oil or similar
- 1 ¼ cups water
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil canola oil or similar
- 1 cup pineapple chunks fresh, or canned/frozen
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornstarch, flour and salt. Add the egg, 1 tablespoon oil and water, whisking until smooth. (The consistency should be thick like pancake batter.)
- Add the cubed chicken pieces to the batter and coat thoroughly. Let it marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature or up to one hour in the fridge (see note).
- Add one inch of oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer and heat to 350˚F. Set aside a wire rack and slotted spoon or mesh strainer.
- Add the chicken to the hot oil in batches, frying for 3-4 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove to the rack with a slotted spoon and repeat for remaining chicken.
- Place a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the 1 tablespoon oil, onion and bell peppers and sauté for 2-4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the pineapple to the pan followed by the sauce ingredients: garlic, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and ketchup. Bring to a simmer and give it a taste test, adding sugar and vinegar to get the balance to your liking.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together in a cup. Then slowly stir it into the pan. Reduce heat slightly and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thick enough to coat the vegetables.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the pan and stir to coat evenly. Remove the skillet from heat (the sauce will thicken further and become sticky).
- Garnish with optional sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- Marinating: Longer marinating makes the chicken more tender, but it should be stored in the fridge and removed 15 minutes before cooking to prevent the oil temperature from dropping.
- Lighter variations: Omit the batter and stir fry the cubed chicken in a skillet in 1 tablespoon oil. Alternatively, you can bake the breaded chicken on a baking sheet for 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Make ahead: You can store this dish for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge (the flavor will improve but it will lose its crispiness). You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.