Oreo Cookie Balls are an easy bite-sized no-bake treat: crushed oreo cookies are mixed with cream cheese, and then these oreo balls are covered with chocolate. They are perfect dessert for holidays such as Christmas!
OREO COOKIE BALLS MADE EASY
This oreo balls recipe only calls for 3 ingredients: oreo cookies, cream cheese and chocolate (you can use either white or dark chocolate). It’s a no-bake recipe that’s so easy to make and looks like chocolate truffles.
Despite being one of the easiest and cheapest desserts to make, oreo cream cheese balls are beautiful and perfect for holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving and Halloween.
WHAT KIND OF CHOCOLATE SHOULD I USE FOR OREO COOKIE BALLS RECIPE?
Chocolate is the most important part of this recipe, and using high quality chocolate is key . I’ve found that baking chocolate works best, as chocolate chips won’t taste as good or melt easily. High quality baking chocolate will yield a beautiful and smooth coating after dipping.
I like semi-sweet milk chocolate, but you can use bittersweet chocolate or white chocolate to cover your oreo truffles.
HOW TO MELT CHOCOLATE FOR DIPPING:
You can melt chocolate easily in a double boiler or in the microwave. I like the microwave method: just place your chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at 30-second intervals. Stir in between until the chocolate is smooth, about 2-3 minutes in total.
HOW TO MAKE OREO BALLS
- Start with crushing the oreo cookies into crumbs. It’s best to use a food processor and make sure oreos are finely crushed with no big chunks.
- Use a mixer to combine oreo crumbs and softened cream cheese. Mix well until they are smooth.
- Scoop out some oreo cream cheese mixture and roll it into 1-inch cookie balls. Place on cookie sheet and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler or microwave.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate using a fork and then place them on the parchment paper. Melted chocolate stays in a good form for about 10 minutes, so you need to move fast.
- Decorate your oreo cheesecake balls with remaining melted chocolate or oreo crumbs if desired.
TOPPING IDEAS FOR OREO COOKIE BALLS
- Crushed oreo cookies
- Melted white chocolate
- Crushed candy canes
- Crushed peppermint
- Chopped almonds
- Use decorating gel for a snowman, reindeer or football look
CAN I ADD OTHER FLAVORS TO THESE OREO CREAM CHEESE BALLS?
Yes, you can mix other ingredients for special flavors. Some popular flavors include pumpkin, lemon, gingerbread and mint.
You can also use different types of cookies such as golden oreo cookies, peanut butter or cookie dough.
HOW TO STORE OREO COOKIE BALLS?
Store these chocolate covered oreo balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The chocolate can get soft at room temperature.
HOW LONG DO OREO BALLS LAST?
These oreo cookie balls can last for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them in the freezer for up to 2 months. Make sure to separate them from each other with parchment paper and seal them properly with zip-lock bags.
Oreo Cooke Balls
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Use a food processor to crush oreo cookies into crumbs.
Use a mixer to combine oreo crumbs and softened cream cheese. Mix well until they are smooth.
Scoop out 1-inch balls. Place on sheet pan and freeze 20 minutes.
Mean while, melt chocolate in microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until smooth.
Dip each ball in melted chocolate using a fork and then place them on the parchment paper.
Decorate your balls with remaining melted chocolate or oreo crumbs if desired. Enjoy!
- Use high-quality baking chocolate for a smoother and tastier oreo cookie balls
- Make sure your cream cheese is well softened before mixing it with oreo crumbs.
- Melted chocolate will stay well melted for about 10 minutes, so you need to move fast.
MORE OREO RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE